Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere WSC Week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're planning a trip to Val d'Isere on Feb 8th, the same week the world skiing championships are there.

We've been advised that Face and Rhone Alpes runs will be closed but otherwise business as usual and Tigne is unaffected.

What are we likely to find in the rest of the resort? I assume the town will be pretty busy but will the slopes be quieter than usual because hotels are full of all the support paraphernalia or does more total people mean busier slopes, how does it work?

Not sure whether going this week is a good plan or not, any thoughts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was there last year.
The authorities do a good job of organising the mountain so that 'normal' skiing can continue.
There are some definite plus sides to being there when the champs are on, from seeing 'real' skiers up close, to watching them ski.... if you've only ever seen it on TV, it's an eye-opening experience.

I don't think the slopes were much busier - they certainly didn't seem 'overcrowded'.... no particular issue getting dinner in the evenings, or lunch... suspect the WSC lot are fairly self-supporting in that respect.

On balance, I'd choose to go when the WSC is on, rather than off, as there is so much more atmosphere.... and I'd certainly NOT recommend avoiding it...
enjoy!
h.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Face and Rhone Alps will be closed from sometime in mid/late January to prepare them and then run the races on them between 3 - 15 Feb.

During the WSC the slopes if anything will be quieter because a lot of accommodation in Val D will be occupied with team associated personnel who will spend their whole time around the Face and Rhone Alps. However I believe there is free transport from Moutiers & BSM to Val for sepectators, but I would hope they won't be taking the free transportation to go skiing in Val D.

Being high seaeson, I suggest you book restaurants well in advance anyway. The atmosphere in the town will be absolutely fantastic. Going on the 8th you will miss the Mens DH race!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rich, Was thinking of doing the same buthave switched to neighbouring Tignes for the weekend.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
welshflyer, we're chaleting so only one meal to worry about.

Thanks all for good responses, feeling a lot less worried about the trip now, sounds like we might have actually landed on our feet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Will be excellent, just hope you have better luck than me, twice now I have been up to Val D to see a world cup downhill or combined and both times it was cancelled due to wind or snow.

Wasn't too crowded but can be slow driving up from BSM, especially if the weather closes in.

Enjoy Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy