Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting to Spindleruv Mlyn from Prague

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can someone please tell me how to get from Prague Airport to Spindleruv Mlyn? (not car transfer - cannot afford)

Emailed tourist office but the link they sent me is in Slovakian and I don't understand it

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bumping this. From what I can see it's actually quite tricky to get from Prague to Spindle by bus or train, if you don't know what you're doing. I will be alone too. Has anyone done this before and could confirm if I'm right? Was thinking maybe the best thing is to rent a car for the week. About €90

Also - anyone know what it's like mid-late March typically? I'm going on the 21st and bit concerned because I think the resort starts at 700m ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@moseyp,
I've never been there, but it doesn't look too difficult.
Use Bahn.de to get your route and train times and numbers up to Vrchlabi.
There's a hostel near Vrchlabi HbF called 'Ubytování Rico' go in there and get them to arrange for a taxi for you, thank them kindly and buy a beer or something while you wait for the taxi. Get taxi to accommodation.

A car for the week at 90euro is bargain, is it good enough for the country roads?

Dunno about the snow, depends on the weather! I suspect soft and slushy.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
forgot to say...TR please Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks @dbeatski, struggling with that as well - 4.5 hours and three changes. Don't think that'll work. Looks like car hire is my best option. Only two hours to drive

Was there before as a kid - in 2001. Be interested to see how different it is now, 15 years on. I remember it was fairly mental back then, and very different to the Western Alps
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Take bus 100 from the airport to Zličín, and from there take the underground train B all the way to Černý most. From there you can get a bus all the way to Špindlerův Mlýn which takes just under three hours, there are a few connections each day. Just give yourself enough time to buy the ticket, find the right bus and tell them that you are taking skis/luggage is you are (sometimes you need to pay a bit more for those).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alternatively, take bus 10 to the main station, take the direct train to Trutnov and get a taxi from there (I wouldn't bother waiting for the local train up to Vrchlabí as you'll only need a taxi from there). Overall I think the bus is easier though, and cheaper.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks @ibexag, have you done it yourself? do you find any trouble with language barrier?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I haven't done that exact journey, but I've travelled all over the Czech Republic by bus. There is a fair chance that the ticket seller at the bus station will speak some English, but the easiest option is to write out on a piece of paper what you want and hand it over: 1x(picture of stick man), Špindlerův Mlýn, today's date, 1x(picture of suitcase).

The ticket will have the departure time on and probably the stop number. If it all goes wrong and you miss it, you'll only be £3 out of pocket and there'll be another bus in a couple of hours.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There will be some international ski races there during the same week, the programme contains some travel ideas.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy