Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Drive Turin to Courmayeur?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi There Snowheads. Quick question

Has anyone done the drive from Turin airport to Courmayeur? How is it? I am nipping away for a few ways in march and thought I could maximise my trip if I hired a car. Am a little nervous about driving in the alps in winter, is the drive perilous? It does not look to bad on map, mostly motorways.

Personally I dont drive in the UK, but usually drive when I go on holiday, and have driven in Italy several times in the summer, but I am a little anxious at the idea of doing it at this time of year.

Has anyone done the drive or have experience on the roads around there? what are they like?

Thanks alot.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@escooler, …yes I've done this route a number of times. Absolutely fine and should be snow-clear. Past experiences:

Road signs from airport to motorway completely random. Nightmare.

Roadworks for 20km; single lane on motorway - 90kph limit, no problem except Alfa up our rear flashing headlights, we do 90kph because there are speed cameras, he tries to climb over us, I let him pass by squeezing onto short strip of hard shoulder, he charges past all hooting and flashing. 20km later we pass him on the side of the road being booked. Replayed 10km later….bonkers

Courmeyeur great - some wonderful food.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks the intel, that what I thought, from the map it looks like 1 motoway all the way, I can use the sat nav on my phone to get onto the motoway. without wanting to generalize to much, my experience of driving in italy seems to be that everyone seems to have a certain level of shall we say 'urgency' on the roads, and have experienced rear flashing headlights a few times.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@escooler, drove from Casselle airport to Courmayeur 10 days ago. Easy peasy! Just make sure you follow the satnav! Takes about 1 hour 40 minutes airport to resort, be aware that there are road toll charges of about 25 Euros each way. No snow problems as this route is the main link from Italy to France as is usually kept clear for the Mont Blanc tunnel. Unless substantial snow fall. Enjoy your skiing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy