Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please recommend Ski school in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!
Tignes holidays booked(12th of march), but now have to choose ski school.Most likely 4-6 days for my wife beginners group lessons and few for me as intermediate.Any recommendation for a good, reasonably priced school? Any idea how much average group/private lessons costs are in Tignes?Just want to prepare and not to be ripped off by asking it in resort! Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have never known prices to change between on-line or in person. Ultimate Snowsports have always been my preferred choice.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@dashurik, you won't be "ripped off" on resort. Curious attitude....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TDC or Evo2 should fit the bill.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dashurik, the ski schools will all have web sites with their prices on. You wouldn't be "ripped off" if you try to buy lessons in resorts but it's perfectly possible some classes will be fully booked.

But which part of Tignes will you be in? That's important if you don't want to be schlepping around.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Having just booked with Ultimate because TDC didn't have the availability for the private sessions we wanted, best to book sooner rather than later is my advice.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Please note that we (TDC) dont do beginner group lessons only 'intermediate' group lessons. Best to get in contact with my colleagues over in Tignes (I'm based in Val) and they will be able to help. www.tdcski.com.... otherwise Ultimate are good as well if we are full up. Echo what others have said that a price is a price. Also please note that prices for group (and private lessons will vary) and I dont think I would be hiding anything to say that we (or Ultimate) are not the cheapest but like to think the product we deliver is VFM compared with some cheaper options where it could be 8/10/12 adults in the group. By having smaller group sizes you get better lesson quality but pay a slight premium for it which I think is worth it!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
@dashurik, the ski schools will all have web sites with their prices on. You wouldn't be "ripped off" if you try to buy lessons in resorts but it's perfectly possible some classes will be fully booked.

But which part of Tignes will you be in? That's important if you don't want to be schlepping around.

As far as I understand its Le Almes..
Just sounds like agent marketing trick to book ski hire online,as was told its 50% cheaper that way!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think Les Almes is part of Le Lac. In which case, from experience about 3 years ago, I'd recommend Evo2. They speak English well, and will listen properly to what you are looking for and book you in appropriately.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laurent (Lolo) and Fred at 333 ski school in Tignes. Top guys - I'd ski anywhere with them and they're just great with kids - taught mine from the ground up - www.333school.co.uk
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@dashurik, it is often cheaper to book ski hire online. Dead right, especially if you do some harvesting of discount codes. But you asked about ski lessons, where the price is the price (though there's a big difference between schools).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy