Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I the first...? Next half term just booked

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Avios flights came out last night, and I managed to grab some appropriate ones at midnight. Amazing how fast they sold (much faster than last year). Still a few left tho' if anyone wants a cheap flight. Total cost about £180 return for 5 of us.

Anyone else booked next year yet? (I already had Xmas & NY, so just 2 boys trips and Easter left to book!)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No but that is unusual for me....my upcoming April trip was booked last January. Due to changed in our financial commitments next year has a huge question mark over it. So I suspect that if do make it anywhere it will be last minute.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Booked a week ago on the day after we got back from this years trip with Ryan air from Stanstead to Treviso. Just over £400 for the three of us including seats and bags. The cheapest we've ever managed to do it. Some of the flights were already showing signs of bookings so I know we weren't the first.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowdave,
Where are you flying to? I didn't see any to Munich.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easyjet flights are not released until mid May for half term 2017, I do have the accommodation sorted. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Munich Avios flights went in about 15 minutes. Picked ours up at the stroke of midnight and by the time we were finished booking and paying they were all gone. I think though that they tend to release a second slice of Avios points 7-10 days later but don't quote me on that... I read it on the internet after all!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Accommodation for half term 2017 was booked last October! Got the Ryan Air flights to Treviso at the weekend for around the same price as olderscot. Will be our first year of going at half term so wanted to be organised!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@musher, as @Doofenschmirtz, says the flights go _very_ fast. Avios flights are released at midnight 355 days before, and to get popular destinations you often need to grab the flights within seconds.

Geneva was largely sold out (at least from a getting-4-seats-on-same-flight perspective) by 00.15. Lots of pairs and singles available still at 7am tho.

What does happen as the flight prices evolve is that some tickets in lower categories become available and at least one of those categories can also be available for Avios bookings (albeit this also varies depending on your status with BA). Avios flights do slowly leak out tho' - last year there was a drip feed of GVA tickets during the year and some friends managed to book to come with us.

Car rental prices are higher than there were at the same point last year, so I'm not sure about pulling the trigger on that yet.

BA have a big pricing structure change happening in early March, which will be interesting to see if it also impacts prices.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have 60 000 avios and no clue how to spend them!

I looked into it a year or two ago, but it all seemed so complicated I gave up.

Most of mine are from BA but some are from Iberia - and I understood they aren't treated the same? But then you have to combine accounts, move them across, blah blah... all I wanted was to upgrade my Iberia return flight from central America three days before I left; no chance!

Then there was some discussion about how UK airport tax makes the savings minimal Sad

So I should plan to spend them a year ahead? I can't plan 3 months ahead... Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
For short haul, the taxes are c. £17.50-20/person. For long haul economy the taxes are almost as high as the basic (albeit non-flexible) fare. For long haul, upgrading from economy is tricky unless you bought an expensive economy ticket to start off with.

I think the combine-my-avios process is relatively simple, at least it was when I merged my BMI and BA accounts.

60k Avios would get you 6 Geneva returns in economy, or 3 in club.

If you can plan in advance they are great- I think I've managed 38 legs between GVA and LON on Avios this season, saving c. £4k.

One of the advantages of Avios flights is that they are flexible - you can cancel and refund all Avios and any taxes above £35 (i.e. they retain up to the first £35/passenger) up to 24hrs before the flight.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I booked for February 2017 half term a few months back in December 2015! I do normally book early but that was early even by my standards.

It is with a TO and I think they'd just been released. It seemed like a good price so I went for it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
normally book the day i get get back in January, but not got round to it yet... Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've just booked half term! Very excited. Ryanair Bristol to treviso £120 each. Best price ever. Thanks for this thread we usually wait for easyjet in April or May.
Now where to go from Treviso...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy