Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Vallee Blanche? (L2A)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are currently camping in the cabins at Le champ du moulin in Les Deux Alpes. Having a lovely week apart from the descent white out yesterday.
We're thinking of spending a day on the Vallee Blanche pistes and wondered if anyone had any tips at all?
Is it easily accessible from the top of the Vellosc gondola which is near the diable chair lift extreme right of the valley.
We are a mixed bunch of intermediates who can handle all blues and most reds. Is it worth a day?
Anything we should definitely do or watch out for? Good place for lunch?
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I liked it over there. You can walk to the lift you mention, or you can take a drag or short chair up from near the main Jandri lifts, then ski down to the left through town to a chair to take you up the VB side. There are some decent runs, some quite fast rollers over one of the reds by the Venosc lift and all the blues were pleasant. Also some trickier/steeper runs like Anemone and Fioc for the more eager skiers. I also remember a restaurant that was pretty well know for moule frites, I think towards the bottom of the anemone piste, but could be mistaken. Not sure you will get a full day there, I am sure it gets the sun first thing in the morning and that's when I skied it with hardly anybody else around. I'd say it's defo worth a look.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get on the Super Venosc chair, not too far from Venosc bubble. Can be icy in the morning and although all blues and Reds they are at the tough end. Only one resto, Bergerie Kanata which is above the Vallée Blanche chair. Usually quieter over there. You can ski over to the main side via Petite Aiguilles chair, down Demoiselles then Village chair to Crêtes. Enjoy Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for the advice.
Is it the steepness which makes it the sharp end of the colours? Are there narrow routes? We have a beginner who is doing really well but doesn't like narrow routes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not narrow but steep for colour.

The piste names quoted above will mean nothing, all names here were changer several years ago.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your help
Much appreciated
Am I right in thinking it's going to be overcast and raining today?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow for thé rest of thé week Shocked Might be rain down in Venosc.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It was ok today actually - stopped at 2
May try le Vallee Blanche tomo
Do you know what happens in the avalanche simulator dome?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@poppyb, Never been in it tbh. Ice rink is quite good if you're into that sort of thing, free with 6 day pass, just have to pay for skate hire. Make sure it's not a bumper rather than skate session though. I never made it up, changed into my gear and went out about 11.30 but had to stop at Red Frog for coffee, bumped into easiski and by 12 it was snowing so I came back Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Claude B, you're such a lightweight these days wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Claude
Is the swimming pool included in the ski pass that lovely hot tub swimming pool in the centre of the resort? (Please say yes!!)
We are very happy with the cabins at le champ du moulin. The sauna is terrific.
But one night we mussed the gondola down which closes at 7 and had to taxi it and it was 100e and took 40 minutes! They said it was 30K
We wondered if we'd been fleeced or if there really is no quick road down from les Deux alpes to Venosc?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hells Bells, I know, but after 52 days already wink I've been productive and put my bedside cabinet together Happy

@poppyb,

Quote:
Also included in the 6 days Skipass :
- Free access to the swimming-pool, direct access with the skipass
- Entrance at the ice skating rink, direct access with the valid skipass, ice skates not included
- Ski by night.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy