Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossi Open300TD

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any experts here on naming convention of Rossi skis?
Last few years I've rented Rossi T-Power Cobras (ca. 165cm long iirc), but this year I rented Rossi Open300TD in a much longer 178cm (not my choice, but the rental shop's recommendation). The Cobras were on my shortlist of skis to rent with a view to buy, but I've not tried any other skis on the list yet, so didn't buy in the end.
I'd never heard of Open300 before, and the website has no reference to it either, although I did see a review in a copy of SKGB mag.
Does anyone here know how the Open300 fits in to the range? and are the new Zenyth/Actys simply rebranded Cobras/Vipers/Open or are they totally new skis?
TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a pair of Open 500's from last season. I think they replaced the Cobra X (a mate of mine hired some Cobra X's and they were pretty much identical, apart from the colour). The Open 300 had a softer tail and was a bit cheaper I think. I'm not sure what's replaced them this season but according to the Ski Plus catalogue, the X-Fight 400/600 are the replacements. They have a different sidecut though.

As far as I'm aware, the Zeniths are just a different series.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy, I don't know anything about them, but since the original Open was such a dreadful ski (in all it's 3 versions) I was really surprised that they re-used the name!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think that the Actys 100, 200, 300 skis are the same, or at least very similar to, the X-Fight 4th, 3rd, 2nd (the sequence is reversed) range with different graphics. The X-Fight 400 and 600s, which aren't mentioned in the Rossignol site, look like Actys 100 and 200s respectively (or X-Fight 4ths and 3rds, if you prefer!).

The X-Fight 4th, 3rd, 2nd skis seem to be marketed in Germany (Ski-bilek and others) and the X-Fight 400/600s in the UK.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I like my new ones Very Happy

I saw someone with a pair of original Open 500's whilst on holiday last year. If they skied as dreadful as they looked then I can see why they stopped making them...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sharkymark, the originals were circa 1984ish and were XP11, 22, 33 - all unbelievably planky!! Hideous to boot and totally unresponsive. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy