Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Locker hire in Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I know you can rent lockers right by the Silvretta lift but does anyone know if there is ever any difficulty with availability? Also, any idea how much they cost?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know about the ones at the Silvrettabahn but the ones at the Fimbabahn cost €2 a time so €4 a day. Should imagine the Slvrettabahn is the same. You can fit two pairs of skis in plus boots, helmets, jackets. Never seems a problem with availability.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Silvrettabahn depot costs 40 euro for the week (6 days). Each locker takes 2pr skis and boots and there is a shelf to leave your helmet/gloves. The boot hangers are heated so nice warm boots in the morning. When you go in to the depot go to the pay desk immediately to your left to pay and obtain your locker card.

A word of warning, however, the locker payment runs from the evening of deposit until 10:30am the following morning. We thought that we were covered for all of our last day but only until 10:30am on the Friday. So if you plan to ski on your last day and want to leave your street shoes in the locker all day then make sure this is clear to the guys in the depot and you may need to pay for an extra day.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does anyone know if there is a maximum time limit on locker hire? I'm looking for somewhere to leave a ski bag and a few street clothes whilst on a 6 day hut-hut tour round the Silvretta and am struggling to find much information on storage for this length of time in Ischgl or Landeck-Zams (where we'll be getting off the train).

At the moment the only definite option I've come up with is left luggage at Zurich Airport (where we're flying to) but somewhere nearer to the Silvretta would be better so we can get into trainers etc earlier. We're using the train and post bus to get to/from the airport so don't have the option of storing in a car, and will be getting straight on the tour and flying home immediately afterwards to make the most of limited holiday so can't leave at a local valley hotel either. There are lockers at Landeck-Zams train station but after emailing the OBB (Austrian trains) customer services it turns out they are only allowed to be used for 5 days max. Ski lockers in Ischgl would be ideal if they allow 6 days worth of use (?) or if anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them. Cheers, Rob
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You might want to drop Mayr a PM. He's an Ischgl-based instructor so should know any secret hidy-holes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rob84, 6 days would be fine I think. We paid for 6 days and purchased an extra day but there's nothing to stop you purchasing a 7 day stretch
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers - will do!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@halfhand, good stuff - was that the lockers in Ischgl or the train station at Landeck-Zams?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for this.

Any idea if you can rent for less than 6 days? We're only there for 4 days skiing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob84 wrote:
@halfhand, good stuff - was that the lockers in Ischgl or the train station at Landeck-Zams?

Ischgl; under the Silvrettabahn gondola
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tange wrote:
Thanks for this.

Any idea if you can rent for less than 6 days? We're only there for 4 days skiing.

Yes, you can rent by the day or for a few days.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy