Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre-Chevalier and La Grave Feb 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from a week in Serre-Che, with a couple of days in La Grave thrown in for good measure!

We stayed in Le Monetier-les-Bains at L'Hotel de L'Europe, having seen that the Snowheads Powder bash would be staying there. It is a brilliant little hotel, the team there are fantastic and the food was very tasty. Those in the group who didn't have their own gear rented from a new place called WiiSki who were brilliant, a great selection of high-quality equipment, very knowledgeable staff and you can leave your skis and boots there overnight for €3/day to save the walk through town.

The snow was good, especially high up around the Yrets lift and the Clot Gauthier lift. It snowed on Monday so waking up on Tuesday (my 30th) was great as we hiked up Cucumelle peak and made almost-fresh tracks down to the Rochamout piste, through the trees at the end. The conditions on the Briancon side of the resort weren't great and I wouldn't really recommend skiing over that way at all, apart from under the Aiguillette lift. Underneath the Yrets lift had consistently good powder too - made several nice lines there throughout the week, right up until Saturday.

As it was my birthday week I was lucky enough to receive a day's guiding at La Grave with the excellent SnowLegends guys. The vis up high was hit and miss though we did get 2 great runs down the glacier from the top of the button-lift. Unfortunately my group consisted of myself and 3 snowboards who struggled with the various traverses and tree-runs lower down the mountain. Having seen the potential of the place though, I booked in for another day (Friday), insisting on a ski-only group and was rewarded with one of the best ski-days of my life Very Happy Conditions were perfect, bright sun and fresh snow up high - the 2 long glacier runs were incredible - fresh tracks in the morning and a late afternoon run backed by the sun. Our guide, Fred, also threw in the Banane couloir, the Patou couloir and Trifide 1 couloir which included a ski-on abseil to get over the 12m or so of rock and ice - amazing!

Overall we had a great week and I'd recommend the resort to most people - unless you want big, bouncing après of course!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy