Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mount Baker - Record breaking Snowfalls?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I noticed this yesterday on the Mount Baker Website which I will put a link to below.

Quote:
We appreciate that many of you have made travel plans to be at Baker for the holiday weekend and that many of you regulars are very excited about all the new snow.

However, this storm cycle has been extremely unusual the past few days. We have received approximately 112 inches of total snowfall in a very short amount of time--with most of this amount of snow falling on Friday at a warm 33 degrees.

Recently, we have received more snow in such a short time than has ever been measured in our recorded history at Mt. Baker.

That is a lot of now, 9ft 3in. The report goes on to say that they will be keeping the resort closed until the snow stabilises, possible Wednesday.

http://www.mtbaker.us/reports/index.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, picked up on the same story. Washington State holds the records for annual snowfall in the US, I think, but this is phenomenal. I believe Mount Baker shut all its lifts last Friday, so it will have been closed for 5 days to deal with all this.

Apparently, Seattle had had 26 continuous days of rainfall up to last Friday and the state governor then declared a state of emergency due to the risk of flooding, mudlows and landslides.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Vancouver had 26 or 27 days of consecutive rain as well. It's snowed about 10 feet at Whistler through the first half of January so far. A great time to be skiing in the northwest Smile
I'm sure Baker will be insane when they open it up. They have an 11 - 12.5 foot base at the moment!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was out there for two of those weeks at the end of December, up in Bellingham, and yes it was more or less wet the entire time!!!!! Except the first day I was out there, freezing cold and beautiful!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Baker holds the world ski resort season snowfall record I think - photos from 1999 or 2000 show chairlifts running through canyons of snow
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, You are quite right, and they are not shy telling you about it either!!!! snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
any pics of current snow and the 99/00 chairlifts??
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I haven't but there may be on the Mt Baker website
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy