Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Length volkl mantra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im gong to buy A pair of all Mountain skiis and i have looket out the volkl mantra.
Im gong to run 50/50 pist/offpiste. I have little experience offpiste, and i have good experience on pist.

Im 180cm, 75kg.
Should i go for 184 cm skiis or the 177cm?

Or does anyone recomend A different ski?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This year or next year?

Very different skis.

Even on this years - if you're a properly strong skier 184 if not 177
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Im looking at the 15/16 mantra. Is it going to change much for next year?

Im A decent skier on pist, but No experience of pist
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Thalden, this years has some mild rocker and is considerably softer than previous. Reviews suggest it skis well but some chums who tested it aren't stocking it as they felt it was not as good a ski.

Next year's goes back to the previous design, stiffness and drops the rocker.

I'm 60 kgs, would like to thing I'm a strong skier and use the (2011) 177 as my daily driver. My OH is a little lighter but similar skier and would prefer to have gone for the 170. If I wanted something a little easier the 170 would be sufficient.

So if you want something easier, 177, if you want to put the work in, 184. You have the mass for it to work.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thalden, I tried last years Mantra, same as this years and wasn't impressed, you could look at the Kendo which is similar to what the Mantra used to be. I'm skiing it on a 184 and its handling everything on the mountain well. I'm about 1.88m, 84 kg. and finding it a much better ski than the Mantra I tried.

under a new name, That's some interesting comments and have heard similar stuff over here in UT - the general consensus from the folks in the ski shops is that Volkl messed up the ski this time Madeye-Smiley Hence why the shops have plenty of Mantras left but Kendos are like Hens teeth.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Thalden, if your considering the mantra also look at the blizzard bonafide. I tried both and preferred the bonafide much more
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@graeme, can you elaborate more as to why? Been eyeing both models too, but had not had a chance to test it
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@graeme, can you elaborate more as to why? Been eyeing both models too, but had not had a chance to test it
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@graeme, that's what I hear as well.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
To me the bonafide seemed more lively, more fun. The mantra was a bit stiff/dull. Not sure on actual weights but the bonafide seemed to feel a bit lighter.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
To me the bonafide seemed more lively, more fun. The mantra was a bit stiff/dull. Not sure on actual weights but the bonafide seemed to feel a bit lighter.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy