Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Midweek DIY maybe - Bardonecchia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

was wondering if you could help me with your collective wisdoms.

Am trying to work out one more budget trip this season, for mid to late march. I am self employed, so cannot afford to take another full week of work really, (and quite flexable with my time off), so am gonna have to do my own custom trip. I was looking at doing a few days at the start of a week, to make a bit of a saving on flights, its bit tricky to pull off though, and makes it a bit tougher as I don't want to drive; further more I am likely going to be on my own, so was looking for super cheap accommodation

So am looking at flying out on a Sunday, and returning on a Wednesday late, or Thursday morning to get 3 days on the snow...

Digging around I looks like I can get pretty cheap flights into Turin, - So I was looking at Bardonecchia as a destination, the accommodation is around the price I am looking to pay, and the train station means I can get back mid week, and the short transfer time also helps. The snow record is a bit sketchy, but it seems like its doing quite well at the moment. I did look at Vialattea, as thats also quite well linked, but the accommodation is quite a bit pricer around there. (am looking for 100 - 150 for 3/4 nights).

Anyway I was looking for a bit of advice really, if theres any resorts you think I might have overlooked, that I should look into. That have good mid week links to airports, and good for a more budget individual, am not looking for a crazy amount of KM, just enough to keep me entertained for a few days.
I can also probably get cheap flights to Grenoble, and Milan Bergamo - so places near there might be an option.

Any thoughts.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take a look at my thread 5-12maarch Les Gets(or PM). Booked up now, but One bed unused! Grenoble-Les Gets under two hours on transfer.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you don't want to use a hire car then I think Bardonecchia is your best bet from the airports listed (if you could fly to Geneva, Innsbruck, Salzburg or even Munich it would be a different story).
I had a week in Bardy about 5 years ago and really enjoyed it. Probably not enough skiing for a week (but I was with a beginner so it was fine), but for 3 days it should be good. There are 2 areas to ski, which have very different characteristics and the food and drink is cheap and tasty. Going mid week I would imagine you will find very quiet slopes as well. It was only the weekend when it got packed.
The town itself is fine. Not picture postcard. More of a 'proper town' but there's a bit going on.
Should work well I reckon.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy