Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

slim two-way radio's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are looking to replace our slim two-way radios. The current ones are Yeti and they are really nice and small. We are only looking to replace as they are getting glitchy probably due to their age (I bought them second hand about 12 or so years ago) and we also now want a set of 4 so the children can have one each. The battery these have are a Li-ion type which lasts on standby for ages, all the ones I am finding take AA or AAA batteries.

Can anybody recommend any that are that sort of size and battery type?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The below has good reviews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BAOFENG-BF-888S-Walkie-Talkie-Built/dp/B00S16ISJ0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1456584921&sr=8-2&keywords=baofeng+radio&tag=amz07b-21
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have recently bought these:
Motorola tk80 extreme
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JZKOAGQ/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00ANG0M18&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=14P0XX9W1AW07WE491TE&tag=amz07b-21

Used them this season in the mountains - fantastic!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mrmagoo, good to hear. Must admit was wondering about the t60 model. Although slightly less range than yours, but considerably more than our current pair and they t60's are smaller handsets.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How do they perform the mountains as older generations were not so good? We normally just text / wattsapp (or phone if urgent) but iphones tend to freeze and die later in the day. Interested in looking into these if they work well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a little Baofeng which cost about £20 - cheaper if you buy outside the UK. They're programmable so I have it set with European channels plus North American hence it works in both places. Accessories (which you don't need) are cheap and plentiful. There are lots of different models, but they're all basically the same thing.

I really like these, even compared to the "professional" stuff. They're flexible enough to work with any radio system you're likely to come across. In the mountains they work... like VHF radios. So probably not great if you don't have repeaters - they are essentially line of site. With Chinese radios you tend not to be power-limited (where legal): those consumer radios are 500mW and you probably can't fit bigger antennas. They're not an alternative to a mobile phone - it's horses for courses.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can't see the point.

I usually don't ski anywhere or with anyone where the line of sight limitation wouldn't render them useless when actually needed.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 28-02-16 11:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have just measured out both and they are a lot bigger than our current ones, which are really lovely and diddy. Any one aware of any thing smaller?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
I can't see the point.

I don't ski anywhere or with anyone where the line of sight limitation wouldn't render them useless when actually needed.

They work very nicely for us. The range means that when I get to agreed meet point and hubby isn't there or we get seperate so we can agree a meet point. Even our current 3km range on the slopes has worked perfectly.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy