Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2000 gentle runs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

My wife is a newbie to skiing and only done one week last year so nervous about getting back out there. We are heading to Les Arcs 2000 next weekend and I want to help her get back into it by going down some very gentle blues.

I read that going up the Arcabulle lift and heading down Col de la Chal into Vallee de L'arc is an easy run. But I can't see how to get to the lift to get up there! Is there a run to Arcabulle from 2000?

And any other ideas for easy runs would be gratefully received.

Thank you
Mark
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi markdevon

I don`t recall any of the blues around Arc 2000 as being difficult but then the snow conditions were good when we were there.

If you arrive early enough on the Saturday I think its the St Jaques lift which is free on Saturdays and thats an easy, short run to get ski legs back. Perhaps one to do first anyway whatever day you arrive.

I`m sure someone will be along soon with much better, detailed knowledge than I have.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@markdevon, From memory you ski down past Arc 1950 to a chairlift which takes you almost to the Arcabulle lift. You have to ski a few easy turns down to Arcabulle from there. The blue from the top of Arcabulle back towards Arc 2000 is very gentle. There are also some easy blues in Arc 1800 and Vallandry.

It would probably best not to take her down the Mont Blanc blue to Arc 1600 first thing in the morning as it can be a bit icy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The easiest run is the lower section of Vallee de L'arc which is really a green. Just head down from Arc 2000, past or through Arc1950.

Come back up on the Pre St Esprit lift and do a few circuits until you are happy, then try the Arcabulle lift for a longer blue run down.

You get to the Arcabulle off the top pf the Pre St Esprit lift.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@markdevon, welcome to snowheads Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Come back up on the Pre St Esprit

Take a good book - it's not the fastest lift! But excellent recommendation for a really nice easy run
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boris wrote:
Quote:

Come back up on the Pre St Esprit

Take a good book - it's not the fastest lift! But excellent recommendation for a really nice easy run

That's being generous! Definitely one of the slowest, longest chairlifts I've ever been on, painful.

To get to Arcabulle from 2000, you ski down past Arc 1950 to the Marmottes chair, go up that then its off at the top to the right and about 100m down to Arcabulle. Take Arcabulle up and if you come off right, ski along a little then right you hit the top of the Plan Vert blue. That's very gentle all of the way back down, you can either go back to the bottom of Arcabulle or onto the bottom of Vallee de l'Arc to Marmottes / Pre St Espirit.

Another option from 2000 is take Lanchettes up (from Olympic Place) and take the blue back down into 2000. It's not the widest of runs but it's short and not steep, and usually reasonably quiet.

Alternatively ski down to Bois do l'Ours up, and then down the blue back into the 2000 bowl.

As has been said, the blues around the 2000 bowl are all pretty gentle.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Only done a day in Les Arcs but seem to remember most of the blues around the 2000 bowl being quite gentle. The only downside was that a lot of them seem to be busy with traffic of other pistes joining them. I think staying below 2000 was a bit quieter but sure a few of the regulars can give a bit more detail on where the busy runs are.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I want to help her get back into it

Best way would probably be to get her into good ski lessons for the week and, when you ski together after lessons, stick to the slopes where her instructor has taken her (or has recommended for her).

Your idea of what is "gentle" will probably be completely different from that of a nervous second-weeker. wink

And welcome to SHs. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great replies thank you ever so much. She is planning on having lessons from day 2 but understandably wants to get her ski legs first. Your advice has been really helpful.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@markdevon, If your wife is a very nervous skier then my suggestion would be to stick to the almost flat St. Jaques lift and piste at the start of the trip. Then go straight into lessons. As others have said there are a lot of gentle blues around Arc 2000 (much to the anoyance of snow boarders), but some are a bit narrow and crowded for those of a very nervous disposition. For example many beginers find the piste down to the Bois d'ours lift a bit steep, crowded and with a tendency to have a lot of stones on it. As others have said the piste from there down to the Pre st. Espirit is delightful.

Another way to the Col du Chal is to take the Varet telecabine and take the blue Vallee de L'arc piste to the Plangnettes chair. It has less queues but like many nervous skiers you wife may not feel comfortable skiing along the roads

For a really quiet scenic gentle blue try the dent du peigne from the col grand reynard. However, oddly, the start of it is marked as a red for the red pistes leading down to Arc 1800, which I suspect puts many beginners off attempting it.

I hope you have a good trip
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy