Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc'teryx

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys.

I like the look of the Arcteryx stuff but wanted feedback on the life of the shell jackets and pants. It's a lot of money to shell out if they don't last.

Cheers[/b]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They do last. I've had my black sidewinder(?) shell jacket for around 13 years and going strong. Only issue is that the clear plastic panel for the ski pass on the sleeve is starting to crack (not a biggie) and a small section of the powder skirt became detached which was easily fixed with a dab of superglue. The colour has not faded over this time. I remember paying around £475 at the time which was not cheap but money well spent.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brilliant. Just got to convince the missus that it's a necessity! Ha
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got a Beta AR on Sportpursuit.com for £200 saving over £200. One of the best bits of tech kit I've bought
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look on Escape 2. Picked up a Sabre a couple of weeks ago with 140 quid off and can highly recommend it after last week's trip. Scoured the usual shops and sites before buying and everything had gone off Sportpursuit
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Being a giant I've been waiting for the sabre stuff to appear discounted somewhere
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been using their shell pants and it is perfect in all respects for the last 6 years - worht every penny. No problemns even in heavy snow/rain, once folded they take little space for transportation. Had a few small holes due to intensive use and nails on chairs - a 5 eur goretex patch solved it.

Really impressed, but would not buy black again - the only complaint really, but it was by choice 6 years ago, so having no one to blame but myself.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arc'teryx creme da la creme of ski/outdoor kit bombproof
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had their kit for many years now. Excellent quality & lifetime warranty support. Colours used to be pretty boring but their latest stuff is more interesting. Hard jacket & pants shell + layering is lighter & more versatile than a softshell. Had a Sidewinder SV for years until it was 'lifted' so replaced it with the same & then sold that on as I lost weight & downsized. When for the Rush as the diagonal zip on the Sidewinder went the wrong way for a leftie so was hard to operate one handed.

+1 for Escape 2.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's good stuff, second only to Patagonia in my view Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DanFuller wrote:
Hi guys.

I like the look of the Arcteryx stuff but wanted feedback on the life of the shell jackets and pants. It's a lot of money to shell out if they don't last.

Cheers[/b]

My arcteryx stuff has an infinite lifetime it seems. Smile
Good stuff in the first place, but if you do have a problem seems Arcteryx fix anything that goes wrong. one ancient sidewinder sv with literally years of skiing days that I was actually going to retire but arcteryx told me they'd fix, one pair of pants I destroyed with user error patched up beautifully ! snowHead
Kind of helps that arcteryx hq is only a few miles from my house, but still awesome service.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have a 12 year old sidewinder and 9 year old shell pants. Before I got them my ski pants lasted only one-2 seasons before they got cut up. It's very well made stuff
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have had a jacket repaired FOC and a mid layer replaced FOC as couldn't fix zipper that failed. great gear and standards have been kept high..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great kit and they stand by their lifetime warranty, I even had a fleece replaced because it started to pil Smile

Apparently Patagonia have a life time warranty too, unlike North Face ( which I was told they did have when I bought my jacket years ago

So Arcteryx is worth the initial outlay - my jacket has been bombproof so far.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
+1 Awesome kit.

Initial outlay seems high but you get repaid in spades by the technical spec and the unbelievably good customer service.
snow report
My Arcteryx Alpha jacket was brilliant, it wore out after 14 years hard uses winter and summer skiing and climbing etc. The seams started to de-laminate and adhesive for pockets etc. I still keep it for dog walking duty and got a new Arcteryx Alpha jacket for skiing and climbing.

My understanding is that the Lifetime Guarantee applies to the normal expected lifetime of the product (not that of the owner) so wouldn't cover replacement of my jacket

The main selling points to me were excellent materials, cut (no material spared to maximise flexibility without bagginess) and design, hardwearing, light and practical.
snow conditions
I have an old Sidewinder jacket. It's good, but there is better. I like my Norrona and Sweet Protection jackets better.
snow report
I've got a sidewinder sv it's been bullet proof and looks as good now as when I bought it. You get what you pay for!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy