Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia-quickest way from cretaz to plan maison area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Off to cervinia on sunday and wondering what the quickest route from the cretaz base area to plan maison is? Can you get to the main gondola from the top of the short cretaz chair, or do you have to go all the way through plan torrette? Weather likely to be iffy for a lot of the week so staying as low as possible for a lot of the time probably a good idea.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh, and also the quickest way to get from town to the bottom of the Cieloalto chair without the massive hike? Is there any sort of regular bus or are taxis the one?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could always walk up the steps to the gondola, we had to do that Christmas week. Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The short Cretaz chair doesn't take you high enough so you have to go up to Plan Torette to get over to Plan Maison. I don't think we bothered skiing that way down to the base station, we carried on up the next chair which following a short ski takes you to Plan Maison.

On one of our days it was so windy that only the short Cretaz chair was running. On the day we left there was a proper storm blowing a hoolie which meant all the lifts were shut.

I don't remember there being a bus to the Cieloalto chair. But then we weren't particularly looking out for one.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Probably too late for hollando, but in case anyone else comes across this thread, to get from Cretaz base to Plan Maison you need to take the Cretaz chair: the one on the right, as you face the mountain. That gets you to Plan Torrette, but you can't ski to Plan Maison from there. You need another chair (either of the two that start there), from where you can ski over to the right and drop down to Plan Maison.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is just one chair up from Torrette, the pancheron chairlift. You can take that one and ski from an easy but busy blue towards Plan Maison. Another option is to just ski down from Plan Torrette to the Plan Maison gondola. It is a red, not the most simple on in the resort, but surely not very difficult.

Anyway, it always 2 lift. The campetto, the short chair from Cretaz, doesnt go high enough.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roy83 wrote:
There is just one chair up from Torrette, the pancheron chairlift.
You are right. I thought I only remembered one lift, but google maps shows another, so I assumed they were right. Having done a bit of research, I see the other one was decommissioned in 2009, so google maps is a bit out of date.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep. You can find on old pistemaps also, but things changed when the pancheron chair was placed. Would be a good thing if there was a chair from Torrette to Plan Maison, so the pancheron wouldn’t be a bottleneck in the morning anymore...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I see Google Maps also shows another defunct lift called Bardoney, running from just up the piste from the Gondola base in town, up the northern slopes of Cielo Alto.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy