Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz - Feb Half term trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought I would post a review of our recent half term holiday to La Clusaz in France.
Travelled with Crystal Ski - creature of habit and like getting everything booked in one hit so we went with them as per usual. No complaints regarding them -all went well in terms of airport, transfers, communication etc.

We stayed in Les Grandes Alpes apartments in La Clusaz which is is short 2-3 minute walk across the road in to the village centre. Apartments were ideally placed for the ski hire shop which was again approx 5 minute walk away. There was the option of leaving your skis and boots in the shop overnight which was a real bonus as it saved the hassle of trekking back up the stairs and hill to the apartment. The shop was a 2 minute walk away from the Cret du Merle chairlift where we would start and finish our day.

Loved the ski area - local lift pass was included in the price. The local pass was more than enough for us - we could have upgraded to an area pass which would have taken in LGB but there was no need as there was ample skiing to keep us happy. Favourite areas for me were the Manigod and Aiguille areas. Favourite runs for me - Red Le Loup, Le Fernuy, Andran and Myrtilles. On the trip was myself, the Mrs and our son who have skied approx 7-8 weeks over the past 3 years and our nephew - first ski holiday. He had been for some lessons at MK in October which proved to be a very good decision. He had ski lessons every day with Evolution 2 and progressed very quickly getting moved up groups on the 2nd day. First ski lesson was on the afternoon of first day 2.30 till 5.00 and after that every morning 10.30 till 13.00. Thankfully he took to it really well and loved the whole experience.

Les Grandes Alpes apartments were in an excellent position. Supermarket directly underneath. BBC1 and BBC 2 on the TV so we kept up with Happy Valley!!! Next to this was a very popular takeaway place - La Broche which as well as all the usual fast food stuff he done proper meals - Lasagne, Ratatouille, Tartiflette etc. We were so tired 3 of the nights that we never bother heading out and instead popped down here for our evening meals. The village was very busy in the evening and most restaurants required reservations. L'Outa and La Fruitier were very good and managed to squeeze us in and another night we headed to a little Pizza place tucked away in the corner of the main square.

All in all this was a great trip. Short flight, short transfer from Geneva. Great apartments, great ski area in our opinion. We have booked already to go back again next Feb Half term - this will be our first ever return trip to an area. PS - Never found my mobile phone however there was quite a collection in the local police office.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds lovely. We're most of the holidaymakers French, out of interest?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes they were. A very French resort - if that does not sound too stupid. There were quite a few English there but the vast majority of accents we heard were of the French variety. There were only 10 people on our coach transfer from Geneva.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

A very French resort - if that does not sound too stupid.

No it doesn't sound stupid at all. I frequent very French resorts, too. Actually, the vast majority of French resorts are fairly French, because (thankfully) most of the Brits keep going to the same small sample. Glad you had a good time. snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy