Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer GVA to Aosta

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all.
I'm trying to find the best way to get a solo adult fron GVA to Aosta / Pila. "Best" meaning reasonably quick, with a price that doesn't need a second mortgage (I've seen E300 for private transfers Shocked ), and not involving hiring a car.

So far, after a lot of internet digging, I think the best bet is to get the "Aosta Express" (run by ChamExpress) to Courmayer (2hr, approx E50) then get the normal service bus to Aosta (1hr, one/hr aprrox E10) or taxi (E lots, 30min). The Aosta Express only seems to go to Courmayer or La Thuile, not actually really anywhere near Aosta!

Can anyone improve on this as a plan?

Thanks

PS PLEASE no comments along the lines of "don't start from GVA". I know its not an entirely logical routing but there are good reasons.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skiinghamster, I'm afraid I can't beat your plan, but I did use Aosta Express going to La Thuille a year or so back and they were absolutely fine. I also used the public bus service from Courmayer (albeit to La Thuille) as well and it was very efficient and the bus station in Courm is very user friendly. So if you have to stick with this plan I don't think it will be a disaster.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds fine to me, too. It's the Aosta Valley. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skiinghamster, just back from Courmayuer, used the Aosta bus daily to our accommodation a few Km outside of the village, one every hour apart from lunch times, buy your ticket first in the office.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I've got a plan then.

(It's so much more straightforward from TRN)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy