Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier - likely conditions early April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So folks, post number 5000 for me ... Very Happy

For those in the know what are conditions and skiing usually in early April in Verbier as I am considering a last minute boys long weekend...

Thanks in advance for any input and feedback.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ansta1,
Hopefully good because I'm going to that area then.Have been for last five years at this time.
Conditions have been variable sometimes excellent, always skiable but sometimes the good conditions have been limited to a smallish area.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a decent base now, so unless something quite unusual happens with the weather, you should be OK. Often a lovely time of year firm pistes in the am and spring snow off piste as the sun moves round. Should be fairly quiet as Easter in late March. Bruson shutting on 3/4 and some Verbier lifts closing from 10/4.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks folks for the advice.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were in 4V a few years ago early april.
It was very warm, up to 20 C, also higher up.
Extreme slush, and sore knees afterwards.
This was unusual indeed.
But this winter is unusual as well. Unusually warm foremostly.....And it keeps going on-and-on like this. Strong rain last weekend up to 2000 m....
I would choose another resort that is located in the Northern part of the Alps, as temperatures and sun-intensity there are slightly lower than in Valais
E.g. Ischgl
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Langerzug,
Mmm I like Ischgl and have skied there a lot but currently they are reporting 90cm on their upper slopes compared with Verbiers. 230 cm Nor are the slopes quite as high.
I am not sure that I would prefer booking a holiday six weeks ahead there rather than Verbier based on current conditions.
At the beginning and towards the end of the season if you have the flexibility waiting and seeing where the snow / weather looks good is not a bad idea. Conditions can change.
I must say though that right now I would be happier sitting with a booking for Verbier than Ischgl.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@T Bar,
90 cm is fine and will not go down towards april. (by the way, Samnaun is reporting 125 cm)
The problem in april -higher up- is not quantity but quality of snow!
Also, Verbier the pistes might be reaching higher, but Ischgl has almost all its pistes higher than 2300 m, which is not the case in 4V
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Strong rain last weekend up to 2000 m....

I must have missed that Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Langerzug, I would agree that you can't predict what the snow surface will be like based on snow depths six weeks previously but I would hazard a guess that snow depths are a better predictor of skiing conditions a few weeks hence than the weather at the beginning of the season is of the weather a particular week six weeks later.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A bit Swiss
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy