Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR - Rochers des Enclaves - Les Contamines

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A mate and I got a pass out from our family ski holiday to do a day tour. It's a good example of the easy sidecountry in the Beaufortain from the lifts in Les Contamines. This was our first non-guided ski tour (although we both have a fair amount of mountaineering experience). Conditions were wonderful - bright sun, clear skies, fresh powder and avalanche risk 2. Route finding straightforward and very little of the trip is exposed to steep slopes.

A little way into the skin from the Buche Croise lift
[img]
https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/medium/IMG_00441.JPG
[/img]

Look back towards Aiguille de Roselette

pano

Looking over the Les Contamines peaks to the Mont Blanc massif - glacier in the centre is the Tres de la Tete - usually hidden away from view.

First part of the descent is the shoulder to the right of the reservoir

lovely powder at the end of the shoulder descending down to Hauteluce

Fantastic day out - we hit a queue at the bubble in the morning so weren't starting the skin until 10AM but were still able to meet the family for lunch at 2. Nice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beautiful!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice job jedster.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jedster, Thanks for that - beautiful
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks perfect.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks guys - I'm not giving up on my Les C evangelism Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That looks really good. And that was straight off the Les Contaminated lifts?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jedster, sounds good. I've enjoyed walks up there at various times of year. snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mosha Marc,

You set off from the Buche Croisse chair at about 2100m. It's about a 2.5 hour skin at a rather gentle angle up to about 2450m - a few undulations along the ridge but nothing you need to take your skins off for (although at my level of touring experience sliding downhill on skins with free heels is apt to provide spectators with a degree of entertainment).
It's then about 1000m down to Hauteluce straight to the bubble there.
If you want you can get back up to the top of Les C and ski down 1200m off-piste to the valley floor in the Les C side.
It's basically a pretty friendly off piste playground.
Of course, if you head up the Mont Blanc side of the Les C valley things can get as big and unfriendly as you want pretty quickly Toofy Grin No lifts though
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jedster, It's a great route. We've been spending the last few years over at Chatel but are back in St G for next week and hoping for an opportunity to do this again (weather permitting).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@alj,
hope you get the weather -there's plenty of snow!

have you done any other tours in the area - last year I posted a report on a trip over the Col de Siecle but I'm only just scratching the surface
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jedster, I guess we'll get what we get weatherwise, looking like we might get a clear day or so. Another I would recommend is in the same area as Col de Siecle but not as far round and not quite as challenging - the Col de Fenetre - you end up on the same (icy) roman road as the Col de Siecle. I've got to try and remember some others - it's been a while!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Col de Fenetre

That's definitely on the list for Easter. I hiked over it in the summer so I know where I'm going.
I like the idea of a trip over to Beaufort, stay the night and come home the next day
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks awesome @jedster, very envious of you actually being able to use your place... and you keep up that evangelism dude... Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy