Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Problem with Vans Aura boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else got a pair of the new Vans Aura boots and had issues with water getting in?

Got them late last year and noticed it last week that the outer is shipping water. Seems that the internal gaiter between the tongue and the body of the boot is rather small, much smaller than on my old Encores, and so any water or snow that melts on top of the boot gets channeled inside.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes. My 2 year old Auras starting getting pretty wet inside on softer days. Great boot but not the most waterproof I think.
Have switched to Flow Talons which are fantastic although the stiffness takes a bit of getting used to, thought I'd bought ski boots the first few days.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I spoke to Vans about it, not much luck there - they said that because the boots are made and designed by an outside company they don't have any real input into the process and advised making a warranty claim with the company I bought them from. I've started the process with Absolute, so i'll have to wait and see...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
oohh...
i had a pair of Aura boots since 2009 and never had a problem. i was very satisfied with them
Their condition right now is not the best and i was thinking of bying the same pair...but now...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This season I finally retired my 03/04 Fargos and replaced them with the Auras. So far I've not noticed any water/snow getting inside, so either I've got lucky or you've got a dodgy pair... Isn't this a new manufacturer for Vans this season? I'm sure that was the reason given for not producing boots last year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got a call open with Absolute about them - they're talking to their supplier about what they can do. My beef is that there is basically a design fault with them. @Doofenschmirtz, have you taken the liners out after riding?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've taken them out once or twice and I don't remember them being wet inside. The biggest test would have been when we were away in Austria and spent a couple of days messing around in knee deep powder but then I just shoved them on the boot driers in to hotel and they were warm and dry and toasty in the morning!

I would have thought Vans would have been more helpful... sounds almost like they're a generic boot and they just slap a vans badge on and double the price!

Good luck with Absolute, they were no use when I was trying to get a spare ratchet for some Rome bindings, told me to take it up with Rome directly.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah they've been a bit sluggish getting back to me, got a generic "Apologies. No progress yet but bear with us..." back from them the other day.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't know. You lot wander round in slippers all day then complain that your feet get wet rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy