Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good price or am I being a tight git?

Poster: A snowHead
All,

Looking at going away 12th March with the other half. We have held off booking anything in the hope that some cheap deals will come up. Two things we would like is a catered Chalet and flights from Stansted. The best deal we have found so far is £610 staying in Courchevel 1650 which is where we stayed in Jan. Lovely chalet but I can't help but feel this is a little steep for the time of year and being between school holidays. I opened the search up to any London flight and nothing really compared to what was being offered above. There is a chalet in Tignes with another TO for £520 but as its from Gatwick and a stupid early flight time it would mean a hotel stay the night before. This adds £100 to the booking.

So am i just being a tight Fitzwilliam (has been known)

NB: Only 1 room left in the offer above in Courchevel

Answers on a postcard please................................................. Razz
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If that includes flights then that is a good deal for a TO catered chalet with any of the big names.

Not many fly from Stansted and seems to cost more when available (presumably higher cost of flight or fees from the airport, increased demand perhaps) so I'd book it as someone else could easily come along and take the room you want.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Digger the dinosaur, Yes it includes Flights, Accommodation & Transfers. We have watched 3 rooms go in the last 2 weeks so now its a case of clicking the book button or playing roulette a little longer!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tight I think! The conditions are likely to be good, so I would bag that offer while you can!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The conditions I know play a huge part in this game so I guess one should stop moaning and get it booked.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's a peak non school holiday week in a top resort.....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pam w, yes you are right. We did have a great time there in Jan. Looks like the other lover in my life (Mastercard) will be getting a bashing later Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chrisrawles, I sympathise with you. I normally ski in March and hold on until late for an offer from a TO, but in the last 2-3 years I have noticed that these are getting fewer and less GVFM. So agree that £600 + is more than I would expect to pay for that time of year.

In fact the last 2 years I have ended up going DIY. If you are near Stanstead there are normally some reasonable flight prices on offer. If that's the case I have seen some cheap chalet deals on www.lastminuteskideals.co.uk including a 3 star in Les Arcs including transfer for £220pp and a 4 star in Mozine (without transfers) for £250. There are more going up in price from here but if you really want to be a tight get, there's one in Bardonnechia for £172pp!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chrisrawles, For a 'lovely' catered chalet with flight and transfer that seems a reasonable deal. Yes you can get cheaper last minutes but more likely in an apartment or hotel.

Get it booked and enjoy.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Look great, I might book it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Down to £600, what is an allocation of free wine?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Every catered chalet I have been to provide you with plenty of wine. Its normally 'during dinner' but they serve it before meals are served and always leave lots on the table when dinner is done. It's normally between 'drinkable' and 'average' quality.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@chrisrawles, think you can get a deal on hotel plus parking included for the week at Gatwick so may help your costs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Silver ski doing La Plagne and La Tania for £499 on 13th March, why does an early Gatwick flight mean a hotel stay?? LGW is only 1:30 away from you at that time of the morning. rule 5 have an early night and set the alarm Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Seems fairly pricey to me for the time of year but that seems to be the going price these days. I have never paid more than £360 for a chalet holiday but I always book two days before departure so I cant be picky about location!
snow conditions
@BMG, it's a great time of year! But yes, probably cheaper holidays at the last minute.
latest report
We (OH and me) have been waiting for discounted late deals for hotels, and son and friend for chalets for that week. This year seems extremely bad for both. Done Gatwick twice this season and it really is a pain in the ass so we (OH and me) have just bitten the bullet and got the last room in a decent looking hotel from Brum. Not cheap but reasonable as it's in the middle of nowhere, (minibus to slopes). But OH never wants to go out in the evening after dinner so it doesn't matter to us. Son still waiting for something to turn up. Just told him about Silver Ski, thanks tangowaggon.
snow report
@chrisrawles, it's funny - I like stupid early flights on the basis that I'd rather spend time in the resort than at home, and I've often sneaked in a couple of hours or 3 on transfer day (when it' all comes together), ok so the downside is it's an early night but then you're bob on it for the following week
ski holidays
Staff in our chalet the other week even left a few bottles of wine handy for us on their night off...it's cheap as chips to buy for them.

General rule I have found, plentiful during dinner, if it's open and on the table when you've finished eating it's yours and if you're decent with them and they're decent with you, they'll even squeeze another bottle or two just as you're leaving the table...
snow conditions
bertie bassett wrote:
@chrisrawles, it's funny - I like stupid early flights on the basis that I'd rather spend time in the resort than at home, and I've often sneaked in a couple of hours or 3 on transfer day (when it' all comes together), ok so the downside is it's an early night but then you're bob on it for the following week

And the downside of having to pay for a night in a hotel.
snow report
Last night we discussed are we wanting a "holiday" or a "budget" get away. Holiday was the answer and therefore we may as well get what we want (we already know the chalet, the host,the rep and the resort = Result). Also we have to be realistic that conditions are pretty good at the moment so prices will reflect that.
snow report
Reduced prices from Ski Amis catered chalets until the end of season, primarily in 3Vs and La Plagne: http://www.skiamis.com/skideals.htm

We stayed with them in Les Menuires a couple of weeks ago. You'll certainly not go hungry!
latest report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
bertie bassett wrote:

And the downside of having to pay for a night in a hotel.

No need to stay in a hotel, just get up early. I'm on a 6:30 flight from Manchester which is 2.5 hrs from home so it's an early night and a good alarm clock for me, make that two alarm clocks Shocked
snow conditions
Luckily we got flights from Stansted which are 40 mins from home. Just a normal get up for me then. Result
latest report
chrisrawles wrote:
Last night we discussed are we wanting a "holiday" or a "budget" get away. Holiday was the answer and therefore we may as well get what we want (we already know the chalet, the host,the rep and the resort = Result). Also we have to be realistic that conditions are pretty good at the moment so prices will reflect that.

Glad you came to a sensible decision. I would rather spend the extra few £ on something I was confident with than risk regretting a slightly cheaper deal. You do not want to be on holiday wishing you had booked the one that was a bit more expensive.

Have a great week.
snow report
Ski world are doing chalet board in Tignes for £459 that week: http://www.skiworld.co.uk/ski-resorts/france-ski-holidays/tignes/promenade-de-toviere?id_accom_price=771266654
snow report
@admin, Wow they must have slashed the prices this week. When we looked the other night at all our options they were still coming out more than Crystal. We are hoping to sneak one more end of season trip in April which will probably be Tignes.
latest report
chrisrawles wrote:
We are hoping to sneak one more end of season trip in April which will probably be Tignes.
...and not the EoSB? Shocked
When will they learn?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@admin, one day!
ski holidays
I've known skibeat to catered chalet deals with flights for 300 quid at Christmas you just need to be willing to book last minute.
ski holidays
@francium., but there was hardly any snow at Christmas
latest report
Glad you booked it Chris, go and enjoy it and all the good things that go with it like location, known TO, decent flight times etc. Snows good, have fun.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy