Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to watch rugby in Villars?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm taking Mrs C away to Villars for a surprise birthday weekend.

Location was chosen due to easy train transfer from GVA but I'm now concerned about whether we'll be able to find somewhere screening the all important Wales v France clash on Friday evening......

Any Villars experts around that can put my mind at rest?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which will be the biggest surprise??....
- The trip to Villars; or
- That you won't be skiing but will spend an afternoon watching rugby.

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Sorry - don't know Villars so can't advise on a venue. In the case of vital football matches: When I haven't been able to find anywhere to watch it, I have recorded it, avoided all results through a text and media blackout and watched the recording once I got home...Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mountainaddict, no need to worry, kick off is 20.05 in cardiff so lifts will be closed well before then, no need to miss any skiing!

Blackout idea is a good one, if all else fails I'll have to go comms down until we get home Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Blackout is do-able but is torture - you become paranoid that the slightest conversation you overhear is discussing the game! Generally no problems when out skiing but worst places for hearing the result (at least in your paranoid state of mind!) are crowded airports and departure lounges, on the flight (where you are potentially stuck if you sit next to a sports enthusiast) and transfer buses back to airport parking: "Did you have a good holiday? What about that rugby result eh?" Shocked

Take an MP3 player and headphones!

Actually, if you are watching it say a week later (which I know you wouldn't be) it's generally generally more doable as it stops being reported/discussed within a day or two.

I was in Tignes for England's rugby world cup win. Recorded it and almost pulled it off....but glimpsed the back page of a newspaper in departures at Geneva! There's danger lurking at every turn!

Good luck Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Itv1 and BBC are both carried by Swisscom TV, so you shouldn't have any problem finding a bar that has both channels. Whether you'll persuade them to switch the match on, who knows?

You're welcome to watch it here as I'll also be watching it, but I'm in Lausanne and it would be a bit of a struggle getting back to villars at 11pm.

Edit- this seems your best bet:http://www.bowling-sports-bar.ch. maybe give them a call and ask them to show it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@snoozeboy, thanks for the info and generous offer.

Bowling Sports Bar certainly looks a possibility and looks close to our hotel as well Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Le Sporting will show it and in a slightly better setting too, though a smaller screen. It's only a few minutes walk from the Bowling Bar you are talking about. Charlie's Bar across the road may show it but there's no guarantee it will be open at that time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks @shaky, Le Sporting looks nice enough, we might even have dinner there as well.

Have you eaten there? How's their food?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not a problem. The food is pretty good, standard Swiss fare with enough home comforts to keep the tourists happy without destroying the wallet.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy