Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend me a slopeside location

Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads

I am looking for a recommendation for slopeside accommodation. Been to Orso Bianco in Sauze d'Oulz a few times now but looking for a new retreat.

Prefer Austria or Italy but will definitely consider Switzerland and France.

Looking for Chalet or Half Board

Do your best !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Smokin Joe, Hi, what sort of skiing, other activities, resort features do you prefer? Any must-not-haves? Budget or rough cost? What time of year you thinking of going?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On piste.....not bothered about nightlife, easily pleased......no must haves just no ski bus......
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Smokin Joe, I've not used it but Mountain Sun in San Cassiano is right by the piste. Others on here have stayed there and I think Inside Out have used it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Smokin Joe, as geepee said, we've used the Albergo Frohsinn in San Cassiano several times, run by Mountainsun. It's a budget hotel, but the staff are friendly, the hotel bar is reasonably priced and the location is unbeatable. Genuinely ski in & out, located at the intersection of a red and a blue piste, and just 60m above the main gondola out of town. The centre of the village is about a 10 minute walk away. The location offers easy access to the Sella Ronda ski domain, and you can even ski home blind drunk in the dead of the night from the nearby mountain restaurant without anyone noticing. Highly recommended.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Whoops.....apologies, the only other place I have done is......Albergo Frohsinn......with a load of Snowheads Embarassed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whoops.....apologies, the only other place I have done is......Albergo Frohsinn......with a load of Snowheads Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Smokin Joe, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hotel jagerhof ischgl. 50 yard walk from the hotel to the lift which takes you to the the dorf tunnel which is a travelator through town taking you straight to the fimbabahn. Can ski back to within 100m of the hotel. Food and service is great. If you want more convenience you can stay at hotel Elizabeth which is right opposite the pradgratschbahn gondola and run 1 but costs a bit more. Not stayed there so can't speak to the quality but it looks good and gets good reviews snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Practically any hotel in Obergurgl or Obertauern or Oberlech will be ski in/out. The excellent Jenewein in Obergurgl is right next to two major lifts and you can ski back to the ski room entrance.

In France Powder n Shine's chalets in Reberty are right on the piste and really good.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gasthof Alpenfrieden in Kappl. Right beside piste. Excellent value and great food.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hotel Champoluc in Champoluc, Italy. It's being run this season by Inghams- https://www.inghams.co.uk/ski-holidays/ski-resorts/italy/champoluc/chalet-hotel-de-champoluc. Right on the piste and the main lift is opposite. I've not stayed in the hotel but Champoluc is lovely and the hotel certainly got good reviews before this season when it was being run by locals.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mark Warner's Tarantaise hotel in Meribel Mottaret is slopeside and properly ski in/out:

http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski-holidays/france/meribel/chalethotel-tarentaise

Or Ski Total's Chalet Abendrot in Ischgl - you can ski to within about 20 metres of the front door, and the lift is 3 minutes walk away. Very nice hotel too, it's quite new.

http://www.skitotal.com/chalets/chalet-hotel-abendrot/

Or Chalet Alpenheim in St Anton - you ski down to the Nasserein gondola from the front door, and you can ski back to it across fields too.

https://www.inghams.co.uk/ski-holidays/ski-resorts/austria/arlberg-ski-area/st-anton/chalet-alpenheim
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Smokin Joe, Chalet Maison Jaune in Les Houches, privately owned and run by the owners who live there all season.

Beautiful chalet literally on the piste with fantastic views, ambience, food and accommodation. Very good local knowledge from the owners and there's a lot more within the area than plain stats suggest.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What I meant was the owners live there all year not just the ski season, just to clarify.
snow conditions
Arc 1950 - all the apartments are ski in ski out from the ski lockers. Snow train from London. What more do you want?
ski holidays
@RattytheSnowRat, living in London would be an advantage....
snow report
@Smokin Joe, I'm guessing that's THE Angel then nr Tyneside?

Interestingly after I was on here earlier with the chalet Maison Jaune recommend, I then saw it on ski Sunday later on. Just by the road crossing on the Kandahar downhill course.

Amazing co-incidence.
latest report
Smokin Joe wrote:
On piste.....not bothered about nightlife, easily pleased......no must haves just no ski bus......

Then it's Obergurgl. Most hotels are pretty near to ski in/lift out. Two lift points out of town. Went to Hochfirst last year; walk to back of hotel, skis on, up T bar and down to gondola. Ski right back. Hotels aren't cheap because they can charge because of guaranteed snow (high and west facing slopes) but are generally of good standard. Just over an hour's drive from Innsbruck.
latest report
@Smokin Joe, We stay at the Della Nouva B&B (loads of places for evening meal) 7 steps from piste in Pila Italy. Super small resort ok for a short break and very quiet in the week - busy at weekends though. Hence we do mon-Fri and travel at weekend.
If interested speak to Carole at Pilasik.co.uk and she will sort you out. Other half-board or SC places in Pila are available through her too.
snow report
Milk Hotel in Les Carroz?
latest report
@Smokin Joe, let me know if you find something that rivals the Orso experience...
snow conditions
I'd recommend here, look for the package prices inc lift passes.

http://www.hubertushof-arlberg.at/english/service-navigation/home.html

Lift down to the piste Smile Great food, bar, staff, and swimming pool, sauna, steam rooms etc
snow conditions
silverski TO do some ski to door chalets in la plagne and la tanga. ..
there's also a place in gressoney that is ski to door. can't remember the name buts it's offered by crystal TO
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy