Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine / Avoriaz / Chatel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It has been raining in Morzine all day (since 11 ish non stop), I am told it starts snowing as you go up the Pleney bubble. I will update this tommorow after I have been skiing fresh, and off piste all day probably in the Chatel area. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did read this forecast at 1000m level, on snow forecast it shows as rain, then mid level snow, and at top levels even more snow. Without being Michael Fish I think it is because the freezing level is above 1000m so the precipitation is rain, then as you go higher it turns into snow. I think it is anyway!!! Off there on 27th Feb - hoping for plenty of snow before and plenty of sun when there!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SammyQ, It certainly does not look good ont he webcam this morning.

Why are all the lifts not open today (from the Morzine website)

I am there in a couple of weeks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chrisb, Not sure about the lifts.

Slopes were empty today in Avaz and Chatel, it was pretty amazing. We skied fresh all day including alot of fresh tracks on piste, there is far more than forecasts suggest. It was at least 2 to 3 foot deep off piste, and a foot deep on piste after it had been bashed! You could here avalanches being set off the whole time we were out.
The snow stopped for a couple of hours between 2 and 4 but its started to rain again here in Morzine, which means its hammering it down again at the top. I've been here since the beggining of December, this is by far the biggest dump we've had!!! The forecasts say it will last till Monday. I can't wait to get out there again tommorow!!!!!!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chrisb, Just told because of the avalnche risk - Morzine pleney side though, been raining almost constantly for over a day with temperature between 2 and 4 degrees today.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SammyQ, Just got back from there yesterday after a fab first trip so will return. Agree with you about the fresh tracks on piste it was amazing! They were saying the snow line was around 1800 but it's due to get a lot cooler at the beginning of the week. Enjoy all the fresh stuff, looks like it will be another year before I get to go again....very sad about that! snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowing all day in Morzine, and did last night. Some lifts closed again because of the high winds. Skiied in off piste today and it was 3 - 4 foot deep where we had to trek. The winds were extremely strong and it was quite unpleasent for those without a face mask! Loads of snow though, far better higher up. The Pleney side, so I'm told took a real hammering from all the rain. Avaz is awesome though!!!! Get yourself out here for the weekend!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guys I'm out there on 5th March and this morning I was so so dispondent to read all the reports saying rain. All I could imagine was skiing in slush puppy snow. so there's a lot of the fluffy stuff then? Despite what the forecasts say.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just over a week before I go, so hopefully things will have settled down by then
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SammyQ, it is not uncommon for rain in Morzine!! I prescribe a healthy coating of Goretex.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy