Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med Wengen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked a week at the Club Med in Wengen. Does anyone have experience of staying here.

In particular - can I get away with taking £ and € or will I need Swiss Francs? Also - if out with the ski schools, do they bring you back to the hotel for lunch or do they stay on the mountain?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SCollier1, can't speak for club med, but most places in Switzerland will happily take your euros off you at a horrendous exchange rate - and give you change in CHF. Personally I'd change the currency myself.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Current rate for Euros here is 1 for 1 vs the Swiss Franc, but not everywhere will take them. Bring Swiss Francs - it'll work out cheaper and you don't risk going hungry! Never stayed at the Palace, but we do see lots of people going back for lunch every day. We have also seen the CM children having lunch at Allmend, so maybe going back is optional.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SCollier1,

Having been on many Club Med (CM) holidays, I suggest that you take some local currency but you'll probably only need it for the following:-
Tipping your ski instructor (if you decide to)
Buying drinks locally if you decide not to drink at CM in the evenings
Buying anything locally

CM will feed you at lunch times especially if you stay in ski school - This may be back at the base or on the mountain.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SCollier1, agree with @skitrack, take Swiss Francs, from experience not everywhere will take them
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i. Take Swiss Francs or exchange in village at a bank (I've had better rates there than in UK before)

2. If out with the ski schools I think it will depend on your standard as to whether or not you are back to the village for Lunch, I have a vague feeling that club med skiers go all day with the ski school rather than mornings only, if so beginners will be back to the hotel for lunch as the nursery slopes are in the center of the village but more advanced skiers are likely to be somewhere higher up.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy