Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpen Hotel Vidi, Madonna Di Campigio 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I hope your winter holidays are all going brilliant Very Happy
My family and I had to cancel two ski holidays this winter due to a long term illness with one of my twin daughters. She is recovering greatly and we are hoping to have her home around May Sad

So as you can imagine although very early we are already looking at next year. We have to go at half term and we like the look of the Alpen Hotel Vidi, Madonna Di Campiglio. (love Italy). Can any of you MDC experts let me know any thoughts on this hotel, location etc. Or any others you can recommend.
Our party will consist of four good intermediates a timid two weeker (my wife) and a complete beginner. Does Madonna itself seem like a good place for our party?

Look forward to any comments.
Kind regards
DJ
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A lot of people stay in satellite towns, Pinzolo , Dimario (not lift linked) etc, hotels there I feel are better value, and access MDC using the lift system

Google maps is v useful for this, as you zoom in and out you can visualize how near / far to a lift hotels are, having said that most hotels will have a shuttle service.

Once you zoom in to a town, MDC, Pinzolo etc , type hotels in google maps search bar, and you will see hotels on a map
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, sorry to hear about your daughter - that sounds stressful.

We're just back from MdC and love it there! I'd say it was a great spot for a mixed group. There's not a huge amount of blacks but lots of reds and blues. A previous poster mentioned Pinzolo/Folgarida which are cheaper but you need to ski a red to get to MdC.

The hotel you mentioned is very central for the village but about 150/200 m to the Pradalago lift (easy blues). The ski areas are pretty well linked but the bus service is rubbish!

We just stayed at the Hotel Bertelli which was brilliant and 10m to a short cut down to the Pradalago lift.

Loads of people here are MdC fans.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys.
I think we would probably all like to be central so we will definitely be staying in MDC.
The Bertelli, does it have a swimming pool? My wife usually does ski school in the morning then we meet up for lunch which after she dissapears to the "Spa and Bar" while we explore the mountain in the afternoon.
The Alpen Vidi does not have a pool but there are numerous close by that allow you to Pay and play Very Happy
Where do the ski schools usually meet, is the Alpen Vidi quite near there?

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards

DJ
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed at the hotel Alpen Vidi in January. Very friendly place, not super smart but clean and comfortable with great food. In addition to the pradalago lift the stadium miramonti lift is just across the road which the easiest way for your intermediates to get up the hill each day, but not for someone who is very timid. We had a great time at MDC Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Skihopper,
Thanks for this. I do not suppose you took note at which lift the ski schools generally met at in the morning?
Kind regards
DJ
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last year we took beginner/ low intermediate level lessons with http://www.scuolascicampiglio.com/ (around the resort these are the ones with orange jackets). Class was myself and my wife and 3 Italian ladies. Instructor was v.good, clear instructions in both english and italian.

Day one we got picked up at our hotel and taken out to the nursery area at campo carlo magno, where we made our way up to a nice gentle blue. Think this was to check we were all of a similar level.

After day 1 our class met at the top of the spinale lift, tended to make our way over to the pradalago area, then lessons finished at the base of the groste express lift. Based on number of reunited families, think a lot of classes finish at this location.

Around town looks like quite a few hotels run shuttle buses to and from the main ski lifts. If your hotel offers this service then you'll be fine for getting around.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Two years ago we stayed in Hotel Cristal Palace in Madonna, not right in centre but probably 10 minute walk. Hotel had a small swimming pool and wellness centre. Very comfortable stay.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy