Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Route Geneva Airport to Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm hiring a car beginning April (swiss side) for a trip to Flaine.

There seems to be various routes on google .Are there tolls and how are they paid.
Im looking for the qickest route as we land at 4.20pm and want to be in Faine before its dark

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

There seems to be various routes on google

If you're hiring a Swiss car, there's only one sensible way - straight onto the motorway (follow signage to "FRANCE" from the airport). Take the A40 (Chamonix) and turn off where you see the signs for Flaine.

Two French tolls along that stage. The Swiss car will have the vignette for the French motorways.

Just be aware that French motorway signage is blue (as in the UK) but in Switzerland it's green.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tolls are about 10 euros each way. shouldn't take much more than an hour and it'll be light until about 6.30ish.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does this look about right

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Routes?departure=A%C3%A9roport%20Gen%C3%A8ve%2C%20Switzerland&departureId=31NDNoa2cxMGNORFl1TWpJNU5ERT04Tmk0eE1ERT0=&arrival=74300%20Flaine%2C%20France&arrivalId=31NDJ2aXoxMGNORFl1TURBMk5UUT1jTmk0Mk9EazFNdz09&index=&vehicle=0&type=0&distance=mi&currency=EUR&avoidClosedRoad=&motorway=&toll=&vignette=&orc=&crossing=true&caravan=&car=hatchback&fuel=petrol&fuelCost=1.36&allowance=&corridor=
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@wasley, yes. The Cluses exit is at the point of the second toll gate.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wasley wrote:
Does this look about right

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Routes?departure=A%C3%A9roport%20Gen%C3%A8ve%2C%20Switzerland&departureId=31NDNoa2cxMGNORFl1TWpJNU5ERT04Tmk0eE1ERT0=&arrival=74300%20Flaine%2C%20France&arrivalId=31NDJ2aXoxMGNORFl1TURBMk5UUT1jTmk0Mk9EazFNdz09&index=&vehicle=0&type=0&distance=mi&currency=EUR&avoidClosedRoad=&motorway=&toll=&vignette=&orc=&crossing=true&caravan=&car=hatchback&fuel=petrol&fuelCost=1.36&allowance=&corridor=

Yes, exit the A40 as you approach the toll (but if you forget go to next exit and turn around), once off the autoroute turn right at the lights, left at the roundabout (Super U on the RHS so stock up on provisions if need be) then start to climb, follow this road and the end of it is Flaine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bit confusing above about the exit from the A40, more simply it's Junction 19.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think it's useful to have the detail. Someone new to the road could be distracted by the signs for the péage and deciding which of the many lanes to go into, and fail to notice that you need to be right over ready to exit for Cluses.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
I think it's useful to have the detail. Someone new to the road could be distracted by the signs for the péage and deciding which of the many lanes to go into, and fail to notice that you need to be right over ready to exit for Cluses.

Agree with that, over the years had many clients do the "Sallanches loop of shame"!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I will have my Satnav as well to guide me but wanted advice on the route

All good advice so far
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I always think it is interesting approaching the Cluses exit, you cannot see the road up to Flaine and all there is to see is an apparently steep and uninviting mountainside but once you set off the road is pretty good although it has steep edges and you just climb and climb, its quite exciting to drive. Have a great time
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not wishing to be picky @marcellus, but there are only 2 lanes and the sign says J19 Right Flaine. Perhaps if you keep your instructions simple less of your clients will get lost.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
P10DW wrote:
Not wishing to be picky @marcellus, but there are only 2 lanes and the sign says J19 Right Flaine. Perhaps if you keep your instructions simple less of your clients will get lost.

No need to be picky at all, moved out of Carroz 6 years ago!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@wasley, Please note that the toll booth at Junction 19 is unmanned so have your €2.00 in change ready or your credit card close to hand - hopefully it's not just me that always gets stuck behind someone searching for coins.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy