Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gressoney la trinite - recommendation needed.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will be visiting Gressoney in April (staying with Esprit). I would like to book up a private lesson for myself, can anybody recommend and instructor?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I do not know the area. Try asking in English here: http://www.skiforum.it/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37

you have to register by clicking the button "iscriviti" (subscribe) in the upper right
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or at least any warnings as to who to avoid?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I haven't booked lessons myself, but as far as I remember there was a young guy called Francesco. He was very good with the youngest kids. I am not aware of anyone from the hotel complaining about their lessons. It is a small resort, one ski school, all very friendly. Looked professional on the slopes. Enjoy your holiday.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @vekada, hope you had a good time while there?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To be honest I loved the skiing in Monte Rosa and the way how the Italians teach the littlings. Food was fantastic and cheap, everyone was friendly. Although the weather was not good it was much better holiday than a week in France. Attitude of the locals is just fantastic. There is no night life in the village though. I hope you will like it. Cheers
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I know a UK instructor based in Champoluc, just over the hill, working for a local ski school. If you are still looking, let me know and I will try and put you in touch.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.edskitherapy.com Brilliant instructor (bad hairdo) and sometimes works in Gressoney.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pierre Luigi Busca who can be reached via the ski school,
He has functional english and is a no nonsense task master... but he will learn you.
If you can stretch too it a 4 hour lesson is what I would consider the minimum time to actually get instructions dialled in.

I would also highly recommend his son Tomas Busca who is also a ski instructor examiner, but it is necessary to book at least a couple of months in advance so ng in this instance.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Super Steezy, so you are saying i would have been able to book him if you had seen my post when i first posted a couple of months ago. Hmmm

I am off tomorrow, i have nothing book, so will see what i can sort out when i get therem
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yep, looking back at the dates I wasn't being too helpful mentioning Tommy but I can speak to him if you know what you are after.
Pierre should be available at some point during the week, who as I said is available through the ski school, if you favour offpiste Pierre is the man as given the chance that is where he points.

Lets hope the temps drop and the cloud rise as its like being in a can of white paint at the moment.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had a lovely lesson today with a lady called Sovranna. I gained a lot from it and found her very helpful.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My brothers wife has had quite a few lessons with her and speaks highly of her, how was it up there today?

I looked out of the window and decided the laptop was the order of the day for me.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thankfully my lesson was 9 - 11. The first hour was lovely, the snow had been topped up and the light conditions great. I even saw a patch of blue sky for the first time since we arrived. Happy. That meant she could work on my technique nicely in good conditions by 10 the cloud came down and we had lots of white outs. In some ways that was good as well. As she was able to give me tips for those conditions as well. Me and hubby then try and ski together and it was completely white out (with more snow falling for a lot of it) but now having had my lesson I was feeling so much more relaxed, I actually quite enjoyed it Happy. Though hubby a lot less so - it helped it was the same. Reds and blacks I had been on in the lessons.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great,glad it worked out.
x fingers for the weather for the rest of the week.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy