Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapest Ski Pass in the Alps area?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@ster, per person. If you follow the booking through a couple of pages, it gives you the opportunity to deselect lift passes for anyone or everyone in the group - bringing the price down even further.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mikeycharlton, Cheers, good to know.

In your experience does the drop if you deselect equate to the full price of the pass or not quite?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ster wrote:

In your experience does the drop if you deselect equate to the full price of the pass or not quite?

I've never booked with them, but no it doesn't - that would be impossible.

For example....you can get accommodation and lift pass for around £100 (4 to 6 sharing). It drops by around £50 person if you deselect the lift pass.

A lift pass alone (sourced separately) will cost you well over £100, closer to £150 in reality and often more (Obviously it depends on the resort that you are looking at.). So you are essentially getting a reduction on your lift pass and free accommodation.

These ridiculously low prices that I have used as examples are for early April so good conditions are not guaranteed, however it does prove how cheap ski holidays can be.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mikeycharlton wrote:
ster wrote:

I've never booked with them, but no it doesn't - that would be impossible.

For example....you can get accommodation and lift pass for around £100 (4 to 6 sharing). It drops by around £50 person if you deselect the lift pass.

A lift pass alone (sourced separately) will cost you well over £100, closer to £150 in reality and often more (Obviously it depends on the resort that you are looking at.). So you are essentially getting a reduction on your lift pass and free accommodation.

These ridiculously low prices that I have used as examples are for early April so good conditions are not guaranteed, however it does prove how cheap ski holidays can be.

Just looking at this offer:

https://www.snowtrex.co.uk/france/les_coches/residence_la_marelle_le_rami/accommodation.html?offer=13338,20160326,7,4

It is £341 for a 4 person apartment and included is a lift pass up to the value of £196 (as stated in the included services). Which by my calculations means the accommodation is £580. I can guarantee you I can find a 4 person apartment in Les Coches cheaper than that. Certainly £580 is no drop dead price.

The last couple of times I've booked through the official Les Coches website with an included pass I worked out the apartment was around £300-£350. The most I can remember paying in Les Coches was £550.

No doubt there are cheaper places but it's my real world example. Perhaps others can provide more lucrative ones.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Layne, you've totally lost me. I'm not sure what you're point is?

have a look at this....https://www.snowtrex.co.uk/personalised_offer.html?

that's accommodation for 6 people and lift passes for 6 people for £558, which works at £93 person.

It includes 6 lift passes all valued at £134 each.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 22-02-16 21:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mikeycharlton wrote:
@Layne, have you ever got 1 weeks accommodation and a lift pass for £79 per person anywhere?

Because that's what is possible on snowtrex.

I can easily find a deal that gives me "free" accommodation.

I can get a 6 man appartment (approx. 35 m²) in La Joue du Loup with a Date of arrival of Sat, 9. Apr. 2016 for a cost of £618 if I take off the cancellation insurance (assume people have their own policy). And from what I can see a lift pass at todays exchange rate would be around £800. Which is all great except for it's 100km of piste with a max altitude of 2500m starting 9th April. If you get lucky (and there is a great late season) it could be a bargain. But I would rather see some real world examples. Effectively they are pricing it for what it is worth right now. Virtually nothing. Or are you saying you would book that?

Note: I don't really want to get in a bun fight about Snowtrex who seem to me to be a reputable and decent value self catering TO. But in terms of cheap skiing holidays I like to keep it real.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think it adjusts the price for the number of people you are planning to put in the apartment, so different price for 4 than 6 in the same sized apartment.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Layne, 9th April might be a bit risky yes, but for the 12th of March it's still only £110 person.

1000m of vertical (upto 2500m) and 100km of piste is 'real' for me, but I guess we are all different.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mikeycharlton wrote:
@Layne, 9th April might be a bit risky yes, but for the 12th of March it's still only £110 person.

1000m of vertical (upto 2500m) and 100km of piste is 'real' for me, but I guess we are all different.

Yes, you are correct. I take it back. That is a pretty good deal. Reviews are mixed on trip advisor but that is no surprise. It's not going to be "functional" rather than "luxury" accommodation. And clearly if on a budget that is what you should expect.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy