Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet2 cancel chambery flights

Poster: A snowHead
As title says 'winter 16-17 flights to chambery canceled refunds or Geneva flights offered ,must have been to many cancelations this year Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the info. Just confirmed via online chat with them as I use(d) the route a lot despite the issues there. Will have to pay for parking at one of the alternatives when I fly back to Leeds during the winter Crying or Very sad

My trip back to Chambery a week on Saturday looks like my last.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@charlie26, the costs for Jet2 must have made it not worth the bother. But this will increase the costs for flying to GVA, and seats on package flights will become more popular because of this decision
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just swapped my flights from chambery to Geneva at no extra cost ,which is fine considering we only paid £84 return Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought Chambery had just announced increased passenger space etc for next season, but I guess you can't change the location or the weather and been stuck there twice and we never used it again!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Used it once - check-in was chaos, too many people in too small a space. Never went back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Used it once - check-in was chaos, too many people in too small a space. Never went back.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

the costs for Jet2 must have made it not worth the bother

I assumed they were making a fortune by charging for ski carriage then not bothering to actually take the skis (on the Chambery - Edinburgh route at least). Same thing happened on the four trips I used them. Doubt I'll use them again regardless of where they're flying to.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@RUGBY PETER, sounds like you're having second (or third) thoughts about it, though.... wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is there a source for this story?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have Xmas 2016 holiday booked with TO and I am sure they are using Jet2.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mike-H wrote:
I have Xmas 2016 holiday booked with TO and I am sure they are using Jet2.

Perhaps they are still running charter flights, but I was told yesterday via their online chat, that none of the Chambery routes will be operating next season. I had been looking at flights for next January a couple of weeks ago but these are no longer on the website.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jet2 "the skiers airline"....really?!

Haven't used them for years and they are on my doorstep, an £8 taxi fare away, the planes circle over my house on landing and we can hear them take off. Worth the trip to Manchester and Liverpool for Lufthansa and EJ.

Jet 2 are a family summer holiday/ weekend booze break airline in my view, they were pretty good when they first came on the scene in the 90's but no more a realistic option for ski trips at their prices and flight times.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am not a fan of Chambery but the TOs tend to use it. I will check with my TO on this. Thanks.
ski holidays
Esprit claim to have no knowledge having 'checked with operations'. I am expecting an email in the next few months telling me my flight has been changed to some awful flight time with a different airline. grrrrr.
snow conditions
Remember flights can change be completely rescheduled or re routed up to 6 weeks ahead of travel date by the airline I think. Something to bear in mind when handing over lolly a year in advance to an airline or TO for "certainty"
snow conditions
@Mike-H, several people have complained bitterly of flight times being changed quite dramatically. Very difficult of you've planned carefully with kids' needs in mind.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, Under EU rules they can change up to 2 weeks before departure, offering a refund only.

Not surprised at Jet2's decision - there has not been a hassle free Saturday this year. - A week last Sunday one ac ended up at Clermont Ferrand - that was a bus trip!
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, Fully understand that, but having kids means travelling peak times, being prepped in advance and we like to choose most suitable accommodation
@pam w, I have been on the receiving end of changed flights on several occasions. Crystal, Esprit and Thomson. Its a total pain in the a*$e. Complaining achieves nothing other than making me more annoyed.
Flights change, I hate it, but I have to suck it up and join the queue at the ski hire shop in the morning with all the other stressed parents and their kids.
snow report
@Mike-H, there is an alternative - scheduled flights rarely change by more than a few minutes IME. Go DIY and regain control!
snow report
@pam w, In a few years I will. Right now, with two young children, I like the in resort services provided by Esprit. In a couple of years time the scamps will be blasting past me and we will regain some freedom of choice.
ski holidays
@pam w, +1.....exactly, DIY scheduled, book early and its cheaper too, I don't get T/O holidays anymore, it's just so easy to sort it yourself.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy