Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family Trip to Bulgaria in March - your thoughts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@theskibug, I have to agree abpout the medical care I had in Bulgaria 20 years ago. The doctor examined my injured knee, bandaged it and told me I could ski. He was right I could ski. Sadly I couldn't walk. I thought the treatment was actually pretty good. In the Uk it would have been "you cannot do anything. Go to bed for a month. Here is a sick note."
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The 2 families I referred to in my much earlier post (17 Feb) returned from their 3rd trip to Bansko last weekend. They reported good snow conditions, even fresh powder some days. Timed their trip perfectly it seems!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
Nothing would induce me to stand in a lift queue for 2 hours. Or even 1 hour, come to that. You'd need to pay me a decent hourly rate - not expect me to be paying for the privelege. Shocked

➕ 1.

I think anything longer than 15 minutes and I'd be thoroughly p'd off for the rest of the day.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Crazy how quickly things can change!
If i wasnt losing out so much money i would of cancelled trip for sure 3 weeks ago.
It was in the high 20's and snow base looked grim
now it looks pretty decent Smile and cold temps for the rest of the week.
Delighted for the kids and myself

http://www.bulgariaski.com/pamporovo/webcams/index.shtml
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hawkwind, great news hope you have a great time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quick report.
I really enjoyed it Smile
Conditions were poor tbh but everyone said was the worst season they can remember , we did have a couple of great days though where it snowed and got cold.
We also had a couple of days with storms and lashing rain (i went sightseeing)
Best time to go up was early , i usually finished up around lunch.
Slopes were fairly good , was a nice long green run to a six man lift and "the wall" was fun.
Lessons were excellent and i learnt a lot.
Food was good and cheap slopeside , about £7 for big main and a beer.
Coffee and Jager for mid morning was only £3

Few negatives , the ski gear is geared toward total beginners , i came out of the bindings and had to change skis a few times before going out but in fairness i got a newish pair of skis and only a fiver to wax and sharpen them.
Piste management could be better , some serious mess on the icy 1st runs , suppose it woke me up bouncing and avoiding boulders and brown patches and pine cones.
And there is only one way to the mid station from the top so its busy with school groups etc. but fun weaving through them.
Actually that green run was fun 1st thing when empty , plenty of corners through the trees and pretty much flat out.

oh and people were lovely , very unpretentious resort and everyone had a smile and chat.
For that reason alone i will be back next year for a cheapy.

So IMO it gets a very unfair rap , as long as your not expecting the Alps its a great resort for a weeks break.
It does have issues but the price and people made up for that for me , enjoyed lunch and a few pints on the slopes in the sun Smile
Not for the hardcore skier but plenty enough for the intermediate
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy