Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and skiing off-piste - no availability with SCGB

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to be in Tignes for the next couple of weeks and looking at options for joining others for odd days to ski off-piste. In past years have been a frequent user of the Ski Club of Great Britain. For the next 2 weeks the instructor-led off-piste has been fully booked for weeks. Any bright ideas?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Add your details to the snowbuddy and check on it if there ar any other snowHeads in town.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go to the SCGB apres ski social meet. You will be able to link up with other members who may be in the same situation as you. It may also be worth turning up on the day as there may be no-shows
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks - I was wondering whether the SCGB apres-ski meet was actually still going strong in the new post-leader world. I didn't get to France last winter for several reasons including the ditching of the Leaders program. For many years I've used SCGB guides/leaders and/or mountain guides.

I'm sure I'll be in the Alpaka every few days anyway, there has always been various seasonaires around - I was wondering whether the Alpaka is still their normal haunt, now that it is a Ski-Val chalet albeit with a public bar.

I'll also put my details on the snowbuddy page and see whether anything transpires.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

For the next 2 weeks the instructor-led off-piste has been fully booked for weeks

it's Paris holidays - practically every instructor in the place will be booked. Would it be worth asking whether you could hook up with a UCPA group?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Apparently there are quite a lot of no-shows for the off-piste. Its worth turning up at the meeting point and seeing if there's space on the day.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll be targeting the no-shows!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm not sure I'd be happy going off piste with someone I didn't know...who wasn't appropriately qualified.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A bit of misunderstanding me thinks - I'll be targeting the gaps created by the no-shows! I'm very careful about who I go off-piste with ....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I went to Tignes last year for a midweek break and managed to join a snoworks course for three days. Another chap in my chalet had joined an ESF off-piste week. TDC and Ultimate are in Tignes too. May have something. More than the ?£40 with TeaClub though.

Val d'isere is a better choice for going safely off-piste with a guide as there are companys you can join for half days etc.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@pjckt, I've just read what @hawkesbaynz said. I was going to suggest Top Ski who have daily guiding for 65 Euro. But they are in Val d'Isere.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I tried to book in the Scgb off piste group in LaPlagne last week but as only me it was cancelled, even tho I offered to pay more.

Try Oxygene, think they are in Val tho ? Join steep n deep group.
Often a show up and join in but prob best book in as a busy time.

Running every aft in LaPlagne last week. 70euro / 4 hr aft. (bit more than £40)

always been good for me.

Also try TDC in Lac , Guy called 'Kev' iirc ! Do a great half day if you fancy a bit of boot packing. Toviere du Chevril .

Climb up past Mickeys ears and ski down to the lake, then a heli ride out.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@scarbski, Kev Herbert - Off Piste Manager Evo2 Tignes Le Lac aka the Instructor for SCGB 3 days a week - no wonder its fully booked. But he is definitely running the Tov-Chev on Thursdays, weather permitting.

I did it last March - one of the best mornings on skis - ever!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If going heli, avoid val heli ski they are good at chat but bad on delivery and you'll be left disappointed. Evo2, oxygene are all good companies and you should be ok. I have used them both. I preferred Snoworks out of them all - will give you the best all round experience, run by English (and they'll sort out a good day heli too).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy