Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain restaurants three valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We ( myself ,wife and 18 year old son) are currently in St Martin De Belleville for the week.I would very much appreciate some mountain restaurant recommendations around St Martin ,Meribel or Les Menuires.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.skimottaret.com/skiing/mountain_restaurants.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Crêtes at the top of Tougnete 2 chairlift in Meribel, la ferme de choumette in SMB and le clos Bernard in the altiport area of Meribel. Plus la ferme de reberty and le bouc blanc in Les Menuires. All personal favourites and I've managed lunch in all of them so far this season!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were in la ferment de Choumette for dinner yesterday.pretty unique as when you walk in on the ground floor you can see into the barn where all the animals are being kept over winter.you then go up to the first floor for the restaurant.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were in la ferment de Choumette for dinner yesterday.pretty unique as when you walk in on the ground floor you can see into the barn where all the animals are being kept over winter.you then go up to the first floor for the restaurant.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wrong valley, but we were recently impressed by Wok Ski Val Thorens as a change to the usual mountain lunches.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Angus og, Les Menuires, L'Ours Blanc. Down a small path off to the side of the Doron chairlift. Signposted off to left if skiing down the piste beneath that lift. Then skis off, cross road and up steps to terrace and restaurant. Has been consistently good food and service for a couple of decades to my knowledge.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski over to Courcheval and lunch at the Bel Air; top mountain restaurant in the 3V. Good people watching too. Either book or get there at 11,45 otherwise you wlll be queuing most likely.

Chalet Carron in Val T has the best outdoor terrace IMHO.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@TQA, I remember the Bel Air well. Have prices gone through the roof there or is it still pretty reasonable?

@Angus og, It's a while since I was there, but we had some great lunches at Corbeleys, which is just above St Martin at the bottom of Jerusalem. I gather Les Loys (spelling?) is good too. If you are feeling rich then there is always La Bouitte (Michelin 3 star), but that's not on the mountain.

Les Cretes, see above, used to do great omelette and frites.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chez Pepe Nicolas- just above Bvd Cumin between VT and Les Menuires. I think there is a new red run down to it from Les Menuires, otherwise it's a hike up from Bvd Cumin. Lovely spot, run by a local family.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Le Coeur de Cristal (lecoeurdecristal.com) is a cracking mid-range place. Rhodos green track above Meribel.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Angus og, sorry I meant l'ours blanc in Les Menuires the bouc blanc is in the courchevel valley, but is also good.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just bumping this old thread hoping for some updated recommendations for the Belleville side of 3V (or within striking distance).

Have been in summer and Chez Pépé Nicolas, Corbeleys (mentioned above) and Moutière were very good then so keen to return.

Anywhere else unmissable? What is the new place like near top of Jerusalem (we saw it being built and looked nice).

Not so interested in Courchevel side as won’t likely get there for lunch with the younger ones in ski school. Also did Bel Air, Chalet des Pierres, Belvedere etc a few years back and still paying it off Laughing

Thanks so much for any advice snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
L’Ours Blanc changed hands and not what it was. L’Etoile de Neige as good as ever. Cretes now very chi chi looks nice but no longer the characterful that it was and need to book a long way ahead. Bel Air as good as ever. Surprise of the week was the INEOS place in 1850 … good food, good service and not particularly expensive though the character of a Mercedes showroom, Ratcliffe apparently put Euro 18m into the project!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks @DavidYacht, I didn’t even know about that investment - “[Ratcliffe] found that the old municipal garages were not suitable for the children of the club of which his daughter was a member", explains Bruno Tuaire, director of the sports club”

We’d all do just the same for our kids of course Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy