Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Diamond Pure Carbon Flicklock Poles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello. Poles were purchased last season. Whilst bimbling down the piste in St Anton last week a pole snaped just above the hand grip and below the handle. Has anyone experienced this? Will attempt to repair but does anyone out there have a spare pole to sell? Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would contact Black Diamond, and submit a warranty claim.

Skis poles don't break in the equivalent of "I was just riding along" incidents. Either it was a manufacturing fault, or it has been abused. Either way BD will look after you.

I have some 5 year old Pure Carbon poles that apart from some surface scratches are a good as the day they were bought.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PowderAdict, +1, my wife skis these and hers at 2-3 seasons old and haven't snaped yet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@peter w, Had a similar thing happen to my Kompardell Carbon C7 Ascent poles with one sheered clean in two.

Fortunately for me they have a no quibble 3yr replacement/repair service on all poles so Im keeping fingers crossed that Ill be sent a replacememt.

I would definitely write to Black Diamond and keep your fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you're still in St Anton pop in to Sport Pete's for an expert opinion (I'm pretty sure they sell them, and if not they'll still be able to advise). If / when you are back home then contact the retailer since they are only about a year old it is well inside the time frame for them to be bound by the Sale of Goods act (fit for purpose etc). If you get no joy then contact the Black Diamond distributor, but hopefully that won't be necessary, the retailer should be doing that. If the retailer says they are out of warranty or not covered for damage in use then refer them to the Sales of Goods act, poles should last for years unless you had some sort of accident.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for the replys. Facewest did suggest that I return the pole and they would contact Black Diamond re warranty but this would take 3 to 4 weeks and I am away in 2 weeks time and then off to SOPB. Poles has never been abused. I will attempt to contact BD direct. Thanks again for the advice.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyman wrote:
@peter w, Had a similar thing happen to my Komperdell Carbon C7 Ascent poles with one sheered clean in two.

Fortunately for me they have a no quibble 3yr replacement/repair service on all poles so Im keeping fingers crossed that Ill be sent a replacement.

I would definitely write to Black Diamond and keep your fingers crossed!

peter w wrote:
Many thanks for the replys. Facewest did suggest that I return the pole and they would contact Black Diamond re warranty but this would take 3 to 4 weeks and I am away in 2 weeks time and then off to SOPB. Poles has never been abused. I will attempt to contact BD direct. Thanks again for the advice.

Well I'm pleased to report that (to my surprise tbh) the following package just arrived on my door step. Really pleased with the turnaround (sent on 15/2 to Austria) delivered earlier today (25/2). Good service clearly does still exist Very Happy

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Good service clearly does still exist

It does, in a lot of places, and it's worth calling it out when you find it. Good on Facewest!

Hope the basket matches your other one wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sah wrote:
Quote:

It does, in a lot of places, and it's worth calling it out when you find it. Good on Facewest!

??? Facewest??? This is from Komperdell in Austria! (And yes its fits perfectly)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andyman wrote:
sah wrote:
Quote:

??? Facewest??? This is from Komperdell in Austria! (And yes its fits perfectly)

Sorry, getting my wires crossed, the orginal issue on this thread was with facewest / BlackDiamond wasn't it?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sah, Yes. My bad for posting my update but obviously fingers crossed for @peter w, and BD Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@andyman, No luck with Black Diamond. They eventualy replyed to emails, no spares sold for top part of those poles. However repair effected with use of an old carbon fibre fishing rod! Will be testing it out next week in Baqueria. Rumour has snow on the way! Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@peter w, Sounds good - Heath Robinson has been a good friend of mine in terms of makeshift ski (and other) kit! Good luck Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy