Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tips please: late easter booking bargains

Poster: A snowHead
I've been given permission to take the kids on a second trip of the winter. Woohoo! We always organise our own trips but this time, given we've a bit of flexibility at the easter hols, I'm pondering waiting until the very last minute to nab a package bargain.

Any tips on websites to watch and who's good and who's not, would be much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends when your Easter school hols are. You might find that some TOs will have stopped offering holidays to lots of areas that late. So you might be limited to areas to go to on a package trip. Igluski has usually been a fairly good at clearing out holidays for others.

DIY is probably the way forward. Be flexible on when you fly and where you fly to so you can get deals on flights (or drive). If flying hire a car or book somewhere with a very short transfer from an airport. Look for areas that might offer free late season lift passes for children - Ski Amade, Saalbach, Skiwelt, Serre Chevalier, Les Arcs have offered these in the past when an adult is buying a pass. If going self catering choose somewhere that is relatively inexpensive to eat and drink out.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apologies to OP, but @hammerite, Les arcs, free kids passes at Easter with adult passes? If this a regular thing? (We go this year, and I am pondering pre-booking with TO or holding back and booking in resort.)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Richie_S, it's happened in the past in Les Arcs, but not sure whether it is regular. It was on offer when we were there, but that was probably 5 years ago.

I've just googled and come up with this, so it doesn't look quite such an attractive offer. http://en.lesarcs.com/ski-pass-spring.html#c3549
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Top tips. Many thanks!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skiamis offering free child lift pass with two adult lift passes for easter in LP and LesArcs
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm sure that Valloire does a kids ski free week toward middle or end of easter. Also a bit cheaper than some more mainstream French resorts @grazzenger,
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TOP TIP Wait till 3/4 days beforehand. Check snow conditions and forecast for different regions. Book in the place[s] with the best snow!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richie_S wrote:
Apologies to OP, but @hammerite, Les arcs, free kids passes at Easter with adult passes? If this a regular thing? (We go this year, and I am pondering pre-booking with TO or holding back and booking in resort.)

This happened when we were in Belle Plagne with Esprit one year,unknown to us at the time, the Esprit staff claimed to for those of use who had booked ski passes with Esprit and we all got a nice envelope of cash. Nicely done Esprit.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ischgl
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all! We've been with ski amis for the past 2 years but I didn't realise the lift pass thing at easter, I'll take a look.

And Ishgl, good shout! Used to do weekends there when we lived in Munich. Not sure I'd be reliving those days with my kids in tow, but the altitude and piste selection would be ideal.

I've eyed up Valloire before. I believe it could be almost empty given it's a very french resort and skiing for them is generally over in their minds by easter.

The kids don't know about the plan, so waiting and watching until the last few days is probably how I'll do it.

I did ponder UCPA Serre Chevalier as they have a family week which sounds fun too.

Eyes on the weather thread then.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@grazzenger, if you're looking for cheap as and tempted by Valloire, have a look at the other side of the hill and Valmeinier. Snowcoach have a place there which is far from the Ritz, but perfectly functional and incredibly close to the piste.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1500 quid for the 3 of us to avoriaz with treeline chalets includes flights, transfers and catered chalet
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye on it. Being just me and the kids, cheap and cheerful is fine and that looks like a good location.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@grazzenger, I am a little tempted to try UCPA Serre Chevalier next season but nervous with UCPA and the other half with the lessons etc. So if anyone knows anything about that particular UCPA would be interested
ski holidays
@Kamikaze Pete, I've heard/read only good things about UCPA holidays, as long as you're happy with a youth hostel type situation. I've read most of their site as I've wanted to do an Off Piste week with them but not got round to it yet...

Given the time of year, the resorts that will keep us happy are likely to be the high ones which are generally more expensive for things like eating out, so I'm definitely leaning towards a catered option. Much as I love cooking, after a day out with the kids, I really can't be bothered cooking every evening without my wife's help, and any bargain accommodation will be wiped out by the dinner bills if eating out!
snow report
@hammerite, 50 euros cheaper from the Easter onwards for a 6 day pass is a saving I wasn't expecting. Thanks for posting that link

@grazzenger, I just noticed that Crystal are not offering any holidays for Easter but other operaators such as skiworld as still operating.
latest report
SunWeb free ski passes for all.
snow report
Silver ski are offering £299 per person at the moment including travel. Esprit also often have lots of last minute deals around the £1,200 per family of 4 range.
ski holidays
@swoafs, I had a quick look at SilverSki but they appear to not be doing Easter with the last departure the week before.
ski holidays
@Kamikaze Pete, Serre Chevalier was my 1st UCPA trip. I did the Off Piste week. It's a very modern centre, food was good, rooms comfy but basic, twin rooms available, basically ski in/out. If you've specific questions just ask.
snow conditions
There's always the EosB
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy