Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

White Doctor FT8 2016

Poster: A snowHead
I have some White Doctor FT8s 2016 that I was lucky enough to be given before the start of the season, I married them up with Salomon Warden 13 bindings and I was very pleasantly surprised how good they were as a piste ski. In fact they are excellent on piste! (I haven't taken them off piste as I have my fatties and these FT8s are really piste skis.)

So here is the dilemma, where can I get another pair? My friend in UK who has skied with me several times this winter has been so impressed that he wants a pair. However, we can only find FT8s from 2015. We have looked on glisshop etc but only 2015 are available (albeit at an incredibly good price!). I have tried some French sites and although they show 2016 models, to buy them takes you to the 2015 model. He probably needs 163 length for piste as he is skiing on 168 Zags all mountain.

Any ideas?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like you should be able to buy directly form them, but I can't see any 'add to shopping cart' button or similar.

http://www.white-doctor.us/buy-skis/ft/203-ft8.html#/taille_ski-171

Interesting to see that they have Hugo Harrison on the team. Was it ever established if they were/were not trying to copy Whitedot with the name and logo etc?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Goliard, WD are no longer in production, and I'm not too sure your skis are actually 2016, unless they were samples as there was no range for 2016.

I see Bob the WD man every couple of weeks and I have not had the heart to ask him what happened. Many of his remaining skis are in my friends shop here, as they were the WD test center and I will double check.

I have two pairs of WD's one for piste (can't remember what they are) and my TW 10's great fun ski, that my mates said made me ski like a 25yr old, probably just about on the edge of being in control Smile

And @clarky999, I asked Bob about that and he gave a gallic shrug, but his logo was nigh on the same when he was Ride Doctor I believe well before WhiteDot, so might be two sides to the story.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
These are mine...
http://www.skipass.com/guide-matos/white-doctor/ft8.html

Which are different to the ones I see elsewhere. I had heard WD had gone, but there are French websites showing WD 2016. However, they show a picture of my skis and then the blue WD FT8 which is 2015 and prior. Mine are white and brown as per the photograph. All gets very confusing, but excellent skis.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Weathercam

Thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Goliard, sorry to disappoint but yours are 2015.

I was shown a brochure of his 2016 skis, which I thought you may have had a sample, and the guys said that there were numerous skis floating around in cyber sales space but they are very much "black" in design.

And yes they are feckin great skis, but I'm biased as they are Serre Che skis, and his shop was at the bottom of my road when I first started staying (not living) here.

So as to the future, things are happening and hopefully (as I've been told tonight) we'll see them back next season!

And now's a great time to scoop some great skis at the various retailers that are selling them off!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, but I am still struggling to find my skis anywhere. The FT8s I see for sale are brown on white with blue writing and for sale as 2015 models. Mine are brown, white, black with a red band at the base, no blue at all. I have never seen another pair, but would like to get my sweatyb little paws on some. Which is my frustration, if you go to the Skipass website, it actually shows my ski as a 2016 model you try and buy them and it takes you to the blue/white model....now that is what I call a pain.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Goliard, I don't know that specific ski but it's highly likely that it's the same ski but with a different top sheet.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think I have cracked it with the help of @Weathercam. I checked on the White Doctor Facebook page and on 24th March last year there is a photo of the new 2016 range and my skis are on there. However, WD finished sometime last year, I think towards or at the end of last season. So...I consider myself very lucky as they didn't cost me anything and my friend will have to settle for the earlier blue/white 2015 version, which are still a good ski. But, if anybody does happen to find any FT8s brown/white/black, I would love to know.

PS it certainly looks like WD maybe back next season as per FB page!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Weathercam wrote:
@Goliard,

And @clarky999, I asked Bob about that and he gave a gallic shrug, but his logo was nigh on the same when he was Ride Doctor I believe well before WhiteDot, so might be two sides to the story.

Ride Doctor and Whitedot were founded the same year (2007) so "your belief" is incorrect. The similarities between the tear drop are pure coincidence. There are a number of companies in using a tear drop design.

It was a shame that Ride Doctor changed their name to White Doctor. "Ride" was already in use by a known snowboard brand however I'm not privy to weather they were asked by Ride to change. The move to "White Doctor" 3 years after Whitedot was founded was unfortunate but we have discussed it with Bob and he is aware that Whitedot knows the situation and keeps a close eye on it.

We do wish Bob every success like we do every other non main stream brand in a tough industry.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dot., nice comments.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Dot., let's hope he makes a go of it - there are so many micro-brew ski brands around, Bob like yourselves made the jump to go more mainstream but it is so difficult.

No doubt like last year, at next weeks SIGB test / demo week in Austria there will be a few more brands trying to break into the market.

Down in this part of the world do not see too many WhiteDot skis and La Grave on Tuesday all the Swede FreeRider fashionistaas all seemed to be on Fat BlackCrows and Black Diamonds Carbon Megawatts etc etc all with tech pin bindings - though like I say not too sure many of them do any serious technical touring or know that it's often going to end in tears using your nice new skis in LG rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Goliard, Glisshop have a alot of the White Doctor range in stock and listed as "PROMO" or "DEMO"
https://www.glisshop.co.uk/search/white-doctor/ inc some FT8's - though only in a short length

@Dot. Off to Pas de la Casa at the start of April and I'm going to rent some whitedot's for mostly piste/sidecountry use from Ski Pas 83, which ones do you recommend as I have never used them before? I'm a heavy 90-95 kg advanced intermediate enthusiast Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks...my friend has ordered a pair from glisshop to be delivered to me. They are the FT8s with the blue motif, which are different to mine, but so what, great skis and a great price for some quality kit. I really hope they make a comeback...I took mine out today on some serious hardpack...magic.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bonkers pricing on the WhiteDoctors - and was having a good look through glisshop.co.uk and it's a French concern, so that explains why the stock of WhiteDoctors - I'm seriously thinking of getting these https://www.glisshop.co.uk/alpine_ski/white_doctor/tw10-84717.html I have 186s and they have served me so well the last four or so years - but the bases are so gouged now - they are my RockHoppers / La Grave skis of choice!
ski holidays
They are based in Clermont Ferrand I believe, I was thinking of getting exactly the same. the TW10s...at that price you can't go wrong. Mrs G is getting a pair of the FT8s as well as her piste skis!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy