Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine newbie help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.
I have a couple of questions please.
I have heard a few horror stories regarding the snow at the low altitude. What are the chances of having great snow on the 8th march when i start my trip?
Can 1 pass be used in all the PdS area? If so i think im reading it correctly that I can get a free bus to start my day boarding elsewhere. Are there higher resorts close by accessible by these buses?
Is there a big financial benefit to booking board hire before i go?
Are the lift passes the same price wherever you buy them from, even on the day in resort?
I know of speedygonzalis and easybus for transfers from Geneva, does anyone have a recommended service please?
Is Morzine an expensive place to have something to eat along with a few beers?

Thank you all. Any general comments and advice welcome.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@blockzzz, some real PdS experts should be along soon, but to start the ball rolling :-

Snow is fine at the moment with little snowfalls due each day of the coming week. You'd be incredibly unlucky if it were gone by 8th March

If you have a full PdS pass you can ski the whole area; if you have the local pass, it covers all lifts in Morzine and Les Gets but not the Super Morzine which takes you up to Avoriaz, the high altitude area. It's a lift linked domain so buses shouldn't be necessary but - for example - if you find yourself in Les Gets and can't/don't want to ski back/have missed the last lift, there are buses for the short journey back.

I always hire skis before arrival and if you use a site such as Snowbrainer, it's usually discounted against normal costs. Again though someone who knows the place well, may have other tips.

Ski lifts are a good transfer operator and offer a shared service as well as private - depends if you're alone or with a group.

Ski resorts aren't generally cheap for eating/drinking but Morzine is less than the likes of C1850 or Val d'Isere, I'd suggest

Enjoy it - it's a great little town with lots to do and fantastic skiing for all levels
Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've skied Morzine in the first two weeks of March for the last 10yrs or so and will be going again but outside the resort itself this time. Always had snow and the Avoriaz link has always been open. Single PDS pass is available at all ski pass booths and price is the same everywhere, expensive these days though! Free buses run from Morzine to Avoriaz which is the highest area, but the link run is quicker for an intermediate to board\ski. Can recommend skiidigonzales, always been reliable for us to date. Eating out varies, but relatively cheap places can be found, but it is a ski resort so nowhere is really cheap! Look around, most of the Morzine bars and restaurants are within walking distance to each other. Book boards before you go, as you can usually get an online discount if you look around. If you're skiing mainly Morzine\ Les Gets get over to Nyon, lovely long red to be found there from Chamoisierre. Also, make sure to try out Mont Chery for a morning, if the snow is good it's a great little area. If by any chance the snow is poor you'lI still be able to ski Avoriaz and Chatel la Linga without problem, these are snow sure and good skiing at the beginning of March even when snow is poor (note, no buses to\from Linga, don't get caught at the end of the day!). I predict you will love the PDS, its so big there is always something for everyone.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiidy Gonzales - might help you find them online.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
blockzzz wrote:
I have heard a few horror stories regarding the snow at the low altitude. What are the chances of having great snow on the 8th march when i start my trip?

Depends what you, and the people telling horror stories mean.

Great snow? Well that's all down to the weather isn't - and even what great snow means to you (deep powder/thick groomed pistes/fast GS ice/etc). You shouldn't have bad snow at that time though.

It's not uncommon for there to be no snow at low altitude in Morzine but be aware "low altitude" means "there might not be snow actually in the village and the final runs back in to town might be closed/slushy/icy". From the top of the Pleny/Super Morzine lifts out of Morzine you should be fine.

blockzzz wrote:
Are the lift passes the same price wherever you buy them from, even on the day in resort?

At this point, no. If you book pre-Nov. you get early-bird discounts.

blockzzz wrote:
I know of speedygonzalis and easybus for transfers from Geneva, does anyone have a recommended service please?

I've always used Ski Lifts and never had a problem.

blockzzz wrote:
Is Morzine an expensive place to have something to eat along with a few beers?

With the caveat of "for a ski resort" there's plenty of options for every budget. Morzine's a real village so you actually get some competition between bars and restaurants.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 15-02-16 23:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all.

Thanks for the replies.
I have just confirmed the booking, everything except the travel insurance and board hire. So another couple of questions please. As i am only on the slopes for 2 days, is buying the full PdS pass a waste of money? After all i dont want to spend all day on the lifts traveling to far away slopes. However, if the price difference is minute, i may as well have it, especially if people recommend some must do runs for an adventurous beginner.
Do you have any of those recommendations please?

Thank you.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@blockzzz, adventurous you may be but you won't need a full PdS pass for 2 days, especially as a beginner. The local Les Gets/Morzine pass will be plenty.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been for years 2nd week of March and always had good snow, usually nice temp and weather as well. It's a good week generally.

As the other posts have said you're probably not going to get anywhere near using a full Pds pass so I wouldn't worry about that as decisions go, Morzine and Les Gets are quite a sizeable area together with some really great slopes to get your skill level up with plenty of nice long runs, alot through tree lined terrain, to just spend plenty of time enjoying it.

Hope you have fun.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Are you there over the weekend? In which case buy a Saturday pass - much cheaper.

Also can you board or are you planning to just throw yourself down and take out those in your wake? Book a lesson with Mint in Avoriaz.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok thank you, i will prob stick with a mini pass then. Just to confirm, i am there boarding weds and thursday, and yes i can get down a slope without wiping out anybody else, though maybe not too quickly!
Looking at the Les Gets/Morzine pass, it appears i will have to buy 2 sepearte ones, as its only available for 1 day or 6, unless i am missing something. I am also struggling to find a map that this pass includes. Any ideas please?
As always, many thanks.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@blockzzz, would have helped if you didn't have two threads running at the same time...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I am also struggling to find a map that this pass includes.

Look at the Morzine website. There's a Morzine/Les Gets map. (As you might imagine... rolling eyes )
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I agree, it just sort of happened that the 2 threads combined onto the same subject. Feel free to ignore 1 if you choose!!
I did find one ty, cant remember on which site, but it wasnt really printer friendly. But i will keep looking.
Thank you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Morzine/Les Gets passes are available for 5hr upwards - see the "Tarifs Morzine Les Gets 15.16" PDF link at the top of http://www.ski-morzine.com/GB_tarifs-MLG.html You're looking at 70Euro for a 2-day pass.

The Morzine/Les Gets pass gives you access to the 49 lifts/64 pistes (approx. 120km) - basically everything to the right of Morzine on the PdS piste maps.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy