Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WTR boots in regular STH12 bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have Salomon STH12 bindings on a couple of pairs of skis and a Fritchi Freerides on my touring skis.

I'm pondering getting some boots with WTR soles. Given the STH bindings have auto-adjust toe height can I use WTR boots in the STH bindings?

FYI, My reasoning for WTR boots is that I basically want full-on alpine boots that will make the odd skin-up bearable and make boot packing a tad easier. I have no plans to do any serious touring in the near future, if I did I would almost certainly go for a properly touring focused boot.

I know a lot of folks are keen on tech bindings, and I've considered switching over to something like a Beast or Kingpin. These would do the job, but it's a lot of extra cost and I'm actually happy touring on the Fritchis and prefer an alpine binding for day to day use. Maybe I'll go for a full overhaul and QK all my skis and just have one binding one day, but not right now.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The clue to this is in the self-adjusting toe.....
You really need a manual height adjust to give clearance to the AFD for true WTR compatibility afaik hence the WTR designation on some bindings
It MAY work ok........
But you could have too much downward pressure on the AFD, maybe Spyderjon will chip in!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@KenX, I suspect you're right about the auto adjust. I wonder if the toe piece can be modified to lift it higher above the AFD? Failing that maybe I can just buy a WTR toe piece?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Probably just as cheap to get a set on offer from Sportconrad, Ekosport or Glisshop........
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From another thread, it sounds like some WTR boots will be OK in these bindings. I've seen plenty of marketing info that says you should use specific bindings with WTR boots, but I've not (yet) seen anything officially advising against using in regular bindings.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy