Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new snow board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey guys, im looking to buy my girlfriend a snowboard as a part of her surprise trip away that ive organized as a treat for her birthday. she loves skiing and has always said she'd love to try snowboarding but has never given it a shot, which is why i thought she'd love it if she had her own board to use.
obviously i dont really know what youd pay for a decent board but ive found one with 20% off on this site
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/snowtalk/discussion.aspx/Equipment?discussionID=15477#.Vr0aWuZGxYU
what are your guys thoughts? id appreciate any opinions:)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
16 posts. Impressive.

No.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GimmieSnow,
Bit risky buying her a board before shes even tried out! She may not like it .
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@GimmieSnow, better off spending the cash on some snowboarding lessons for her on your trip - and find an instructor with a decent reputation for teaching snowboarding. And maybe some wristguards and impact shorts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As above, let her give it a go first. Hire a good quality board and pay for her lessons, then if she likes it, buy her a board.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah bad idea to get her a board before she's even had a go.

As PP have said, put the time and effort into finding a good snowboard instructor and getting her some 1-on-1 lessons. Impact shorts and wrist guards are also a great idea for a beginner. Personally I also liked knee pads as a baby snowboarder. And a nice helmet.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
THEN if she likes snowboarding, you can get boots before the next trip.... and board and bindings as well.

But defo the priority for me would be 1) good lessons and impact protection 2) boots 3) board and bindings.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 to all the above. Maybe a spa treatment or massage to ease those bruised bits!?!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah i agree with above, hire a board for a bit first otherwise you'll be wasting money if she doesn't like it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds unwise. @Richard_Sideways said it best. Take the money you were about to potentially throw away, and buy her 3 full days of lessons on her first snowboard trip. Also buy her some knee pads and wrist guards for her first days.

Learning to snowboard (IMHO) sucks serious donkey ass. Snowboarding when you have learned the basics is love.

If you're a cool dude who's also made of money, buy her boots instead of a board.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Definitely go for lessons , I wasted weeks trying to learn off friends , she ll pick it up much quicker with lessons . Then buy her a bataleon shewarmer when she's been bitten by the bug ! Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy