Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A very Italian village

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I have skied most of the bigger/ obvious ski places in italy but I am after a place that is very Italian. I have spent the last few years skiing in Austria and France. I want to get back to that real Italian village.

So perhaps a less known Italian ski secret ski village. Needs to have a couple of bars where perhaps the Milanese or turinese let their hair down at weekends. Needs a decent coffee bar/pastry shop. Perhaps good value restaurants ? Hope you can help.
K
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Champoluc ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/9824247/Skiing-in-Champoluc-my-kind-of-three-valleys.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alleghe?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Champoluc.

Gressoney.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bormio was very pleasant when I went many years ago, though it wasn't a small village.
I would imagine most Italian ski villages have coffee shops bars and restaurants the Italians are good on this sort of thing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@kezzy19661, do a SHs forum search on "Abruzzo" . Some very interesting sounding places.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Abetone ??????????
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Champoluc/Gressoney
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kezzy19661, when?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Champoluc... But dont tell anybody else Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
have a look at abetone
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Santa Caterina? Would love to get back there!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kezzy19661, We ski Italy every year. Somewhere that comes to mind with a village feel is Jouvenceux which is the village just before Sauze D'Oulx. Beautiful little centre with frescos on outside of church and old water pump for animals - all very pretty. We were there 3 years ago and remember a couple of bars but only remember one restaurant. Chairlift from village to Milky Way ski area. 30 minute uphill walk to Sauze. Bormio for us in 3 weeks.😊
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mount Etna Nicolosi.
Abruzzo.
Gressoney.
Abetone.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Madesimo?
snow report
Ahhhh, Madesimo.

I love it.

Not been for a loooong time mind.
ski holidays
Totally biased as our apartments are there but Val Pettorina is beautiful, quiet, 5-10 mins from two ski ranges and sottoguda is a really original little village. We're in Col di Rocca, again a nice little village, with great views, and easy access to a few restaurants and bars. Alleghe is 10 mins down the road and Marmolada/Arabba is 5 up the road, both fantastic areas. And if you want to travel a bit there are 3 other areas within a 30 minute drive. Www.casa-alfredino.co.uk
snow conditions
@Casa Alfredino, what are your snow conditions like at the mo?
snow report
@Kiters, Hey Kiters - I'm not there at the moment as I left to come back to the UK about a week ago. At that point it was only artificial snow and the conditions were good in the morning, prgressively getting icier though the day. BUT since then they've had half a metre of snow so things are back to normal. People are out touring and which indicates how much the conditions have improved as before on south facing slopes below 2000m there was literally just grass! For example, here are some pics from my friend James Rushforth who is out there writing a touring guide at the moment and these are from yesterday... https://www.facebook.com/JamesRushforth1/posts/10101400736305623

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 13-02-16 10:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Plus look what we've got coming: http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/dynamic/east-alps?over=none&symbols=snow&type=snow.next3days
ski holidays
@Christina1, +1 we love Jouvencaux
latest report
Thanks for some great ideas here. I think you might have given me ideas for places for next year as well.

We decided on Bormio in the end. Looks like some very good restuarants with an old intesting town to wander around. I have also seen that they have late night 'open to the elements' hot spa pools twice a week.

Will hire a car so I have a little ski safari while I am there - unless I can get the local buses. Really looking forward to it. Probably drive down to Santa Caterina.

Surprised that it is cheaper to hire a car than use the milan to Bormio bus. Also notoiced that there is an option to get train milan to Tirano(11.50 euro one way), then a 1 hour bus up the valley to Bormio.

Thanks all.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 14-02-16 22:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@kezzy19661, have a great time. Italy is great.
ski holidays
@kezzy19661, have a great time. Italy is great.
ski holidays
sure you will enjoy santa caterina , we did a few years ago Very Happy
snow conditions
I love italy for snowboarding you should definitely check out Abetone its beautiful. Toofy Grin
latest report
@kezzy19661, Great choice! We are going there for the 5th time in a couple of weeks. Would recommend Hotel San Lorenzo if you want to stay in the town or Hotel Genzianella which you can almost ski back to and nearer to lifts. The Roman spa which is a short taxi ride away is amazing. Have fun! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy