Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Learning to Ski - (Ruka, Finland)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening Folks!

I am off to Ruka in Finland on 22nd Jan, and want to learn how to ski.

How many days tuition do you suggest? Also, would it be better to book this before I go, or just turn up at the ski school when I get there?

Cheers,

Lisa

Roll on next Sunday!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Everyday if it is your first week ever.......but mornings only just incase you need a rest, but also to practise what you have learnt in the morning......and have the Wed/Thu afternoon off. It's quite common for people to have silly accidents about then because they have overdone it and are a bit too tired. Have a great time snowHead

Oh yes and have private lessons or in a small group or you will be wasting your money.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We just (literally!!) got back from Ruka, and although we didn't do ski school there we made friends with some people that did. Ski School seems to be 5 days max (Mon-Fri) and finishes at 12:30, leaving you free for the afternoon to do other stuff or practice what you have learnt. The quality of teaching seems to be excellent (all instructors have to do a 'refresher' every fortnight, and the hire equipment is of an exceptional standard-a lot of what we saw looked brand new).

Booking beforehand leaves you with less to do once you get there, but if, like us, you are arriving around Sunday lunchtime, you then have the rest of the day to organise it (you book in the hire shop, which is open late).

We've had a fantastic week there, so any questions, feel free to drop me a line!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't know the resort there, but I started skiing with a 3 day course of ski school, then headed off to play. Once you can make a few turns private or small group lessons are the way to go.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Book in advance, and have lessons everyday. As stated above the lessons will be over by lunchtime. Ruka has lots of nice, gentle places to practise everything you've learnt in the mornings.

Enjoy!

net_masters, glad to hear you had a nice time out there! Retail therapy good enough for you? How was the resort (park) looking?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy