Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trains to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok. I'm inspired by @Tamirlik.
Does anyone know how easy it is to get to Austrian resorts by train from Amsterdam? Reason I ask is that I'm often travelling through Holland by train, and I know it's not really that far (8-9 hours drive) to get to Austrian ski areas. How to do it, though, is a mystery to me.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
city night line? think there's one from Amsterdam to St.Anton and other resorts.
Amsterdam-Frankfurt is very well inked by ICE train. Frankfurt-Graz Eurocity train goes once per day and stops at several resorts (Radstadt, Schladming), as does Frankfurt-Klagenfurt Eurocity train (Bad Hofgastein etc.).
After that it's getting into 2-3 changes, although there might also be Amsterdam-Munich train too, and Munich-Austria must have plenty of options.
There's also Amsterdam-Chur direct (or change in Basel), but that's Switzerland.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hi go to german railways site (db bahn )approx 100 euro and a 71/2 hr journey to munich alot depends on timing and wether you are leaving amsterdam from airport or main station so possible, as we live in cleveland have looked at flights or ferries in the past from local airports or ferries from newc or hull it is possible, and onward journey to resorts is relatively simple by train and depends on your resort choice and day of travel we now do the hull rotterdam ferry then drive door to door
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@geoff10, get a cheap KLM flight from Amsterdam to Munich then the train from there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have found this site https://loco2.com/ helpful for sorting out train journeys on mainland Europe.

I looked into the Amsterdam - Austria idea some time ago as we live in North UK and could easily get the ferry from Newcastle to Ijmuiden and then train direct to Munich. The problem for us was that the ferry is always an overnight ferry so you get to Amsterdam in the morning and travel all day. It would be better for me to travel by sleeper train.

There are trains from Paris as well but they involve a change or two so you don't get the sleep / rest that you might hope for. If it has changed and you find a suitable journey then please post it here as I would certainly be interested in looking at it again.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This website is a good starting point for all things train and looks as if there is a part on Austria, http://www.seat61.com/Austria.htm#.VrtFdU_2Q4A
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can fly or train to Zurich and from there you can get a direct train service to St Anton.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, folks, for all your ideas. clarky999's idea sounds best!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Citynightline
Amsterdam to Zurich (approx 12hours various accoms seats,shared multisex 6 bed dorm, lyx room)
Then (train gets in at 08.00ish)
(10.30ish) Zurich to St Anton
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alternatively you can get flights with transavia Amsterdam to Innsbruck for €29 sometimes €19!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy