Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

black toenails

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
invested in a new pair of boots before xmas ,nordica speed machine 10 .The local s+r spent agood 3hrs fitting both my wife and I and was impressed with their service .I tried at least four pairs walking around the shop for twenty minutes.Two of them gave me calf pain after only ten to fifteen minutes ,another pair general numbness/pins and needles.
So I went for the speedmachines very snug overall fit, toes almost but not quite touching the shell but fairly close fit, slight pressure on top of my big toenails.
I had custom footbeds fitted and when they heat moulded the liners they put a toe cap over my socks to stretch the liner around the toe pocket area.
I tested them out at castleford for a couple of hours and was pleased with just a little calf
ache but tend to think that is more of a lack of muscle memory thing than a boot issue??
Having used them for a week over new year, again I was pleased with the feel of them but over the first three days started to feel a bruising around the big toe area on both feet.It seemes to be caused by pressure on top of the nail bed rather than my toes pushing up against the shell at the front .In 25 years of skiing ive never experienced this in my own boots or any of the hire dross ive occasionally had .
S+R are currently tweaking the shell a bit in order to give my big toes a little more room
which hopefully should sort them out befoore my next trip to verbier on 2 feb.
I know its a fairly common thing "black toe" just interested to see if anyone out their has solved a similar problem.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I first got my current boots, I suffered from black toe. This was caused, not because of too much room in the toebox, but because I was getting into the back seat, and lifting my toes to attempt to restore some level of control.
The causes of this were (according to a couple of close friends who are experts in boot & ski set-up):
1. New boots which were considerably stiffer than the old ones.
2. New skis, which were faster than I was used to.

The solution to my problem was to get forward.

This may not be the solution for you, but it worked for me.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy