Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Austrian

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Another option that nobody has suggested above would be Kitzbuhel.

There are hotels close to the main Hahnenkamm gondola, or others in Kirchberg, close to the Fleckalmbahn gondols (but less nightlife I believe). And while not as extensive as the SkiWelt or the Saalbach-Hinteglemm-Fieberbrunn areas, still a pretty good sized ski area (173km of pisted runs).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alex_heney wrote:
Another option that nobody has suggested above would be Kitzbuhel.

There are hotels close to the main Hahnenkamm gondola, or others in Kirchberg, close to the Fleckalmbahn gondols (but less nightlife I believe). And while not as extensive as the SkiWelt or the Saalbach-Hinteglemm-Fieberbrunn areas, still a pretty good sized ski area (173km of pisted runs).

Staying in the Karlberger in two weeks. It is one hotel away from the main gondola, and you can ski in (if 20 is open) or ski in to the other side of the road.

It's a big enough area.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Suggestions as to ski area are gratefully accepted. Usually go 3v or Paradiski........
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Maersk, kind of explains why you have looked at Soll and the Ski Welt (large, lift linked area) - if you want a large lift linked area I would recommend Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang-Fieberbrunn aka the Ski Circus. Approx 60-90mins from Salzburg airport - 2hrs from Munich.

- Lots of variety on piste and some great off-piste especially around Fieberbrunn
- Almost unparalleled Apres Ski - vibrant and fun villages
- Many very reasonable (probably cheap in comparison) on mountain restaurants and huts
- Lots of accommodation of all types and budgets inc. spas and ski-in/ski-out
- Great scenery

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 12-02-16 11:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
THANKS AthersT

Pretty much what is available now though
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Maersk, if you can be flexible then pretty much any where will have reasonable availability when you want to go. Just don't rely on the tour operators.

I will echo the others thoughts, we've been to a handful of places in Austria now and Soll was probably the most disappointing from a skiing perspective.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have to say if it was me I would go to saalbach in a heartbeat.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@AthersT, @mattiwilkin, another vote for saalbach ,only 14days to go ,its a lot of heartbeats
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mattiwilkin wrote:
I have to say if it was me I would go to saalbach in a heartbeat.

+1 - we now struggle to think of a better all round destination.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Maersk, I would imagine that there would be plenty of availability probably even with crystal et al, try the tourist board website (http://www.saalbach.com/en/winter/accommodation.html), booking.com, airbnb, tiscover too.

Also might be worth dropping a PM to @Tatman's Tours, with your requirements as he might be able to help (he has a couple of apartments there + connections/knowledge).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all.

Why is Soll disappointing? Reviewers from the daily newspapers seem to rate Ski Welt
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Maersk, it's not that's it's bad - I enjoyed a trip there in the past. It's more that you asked for "Best Austrian".

It offers great value for money as an area and the week your going is probably the best "off peak" week of the season to go conditions should be pretty decent then with long skiing days and possibly plenty of sun (could just as easily be freezing and snowy).

Saalbach is just a different league with all the good points of Soll just better.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks athers. Saalbach not available within budget so we have plumped for Soll. At least the bus starts from our hotel...............

I have not skied in/out for years.

I am still looking forward to it. Conditions seem ok. Although low being that bit further east has reduced the amount of rain...........
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Maersk, possibly disappointing was a bit harsh. We enjoyed our time in Soll. We've just enjoyed other places more.

Are you travelling with a tour operator?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Also might be worth dropping a PM to @Tatman's Tours, with your requirements as he might be able to help (he has a couple of apartments there + connections/knowledge).

I realise that the OP has now chosen to go to Soll but thought it might be worth mentioning that, even when we're fully booked, I'm happy to see if any of my Saalbach contacts has availability. There's an increasing ex-pat community here in Saalbach, and quite a few Brits who have stayed with us, or whom I've met here socially, have bought apartments here, and we seem to have formed a small network of Facebook friends.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy