Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit Beast or Marker Kingpin?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just reaching out to anyone that has either of these, I've got the Beast 14 and really like and am impressed by it for the type of skiing I do (fat skis, down the valley and an hour or so hike out)
However, I have noticed the lack of flat touring mode is a bit uncomfortable, although I have alleviated this by putting the "power strap" around the inner boot to allow a more upright walking position...
I know you can rotate the heel 90degrees and band up the brake, but that's a faff tbh when it's undulating terrain...
The Kingpins however do have a true flat mode for touring, but.....
Having handled them, they do feel a bit plasticky in comparison to the Beasts and don't have the same elasticity and security of the Beasts so will most likely stick with what I've got..
Any thoughts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Kingpin is waaaaay better. You should get a pair.

I'll help you by buying your Beasts wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mosha Marc wrote:
The Kingpin is waaaaay better. You should get a pair.

I'll help you by buying your Beasts wink Laughing

@KenX, stick with what you've got (and I'll look after Mosha wink). On undulating terrain, and as long as there's no risk of loosing a ski, I don't bother removing the band, I just swivel the heel around.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 8-02-16 21:14; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mosha Marc, nice try Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, good shout, less likely to have a runaway ski with skins on, still a shame Dynafit couldn't come up with a better solution but think overall the Beast is a better built binding even taken into account the 100g weight penalty
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One thing puts me off using the bands for any length of time is the stomp plate doesn't lay flat so every step is working the spring/pivot of the brake and so presumably shorten its life???
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mosha Marc, Ha, good try.....Beast 16 is brilliant, never skied the 14 but 16 does everything, so happy with mine. get a pair bought from @spyderjon,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy