Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do I need some new skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ise wrote:
On a practical level, the weight alone would make them unlivable with for me.

Yes, they are absurdly heavy when you're carrying them, but when they're on your feet they didn't really feel that much heavier than other skis I've used. I'm thankful for ski in/out accommodation - I really wouldn't want to carry these too far first thing in the morning!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer,

I think you know the answer - Stormrider XL or Legend 8000. If you enjoyed the 2Vs then I don't think you'll find that the stormriders kick your behind. I think there's a lot of hype around "expert" skis designed to put off real intermediates and flatter the egos of advanced skiers. I can't compare the two as I haven't skied the Dynastars but I own XLs in 174 (I'm 84kg)*. I don't have trouble bending them in the crud and powder, they give me plenty of float (but then I've done hardly any skiing on fat skis) and I doubt they give much (anything?) away vs the 2Vs on piste (given that they are hand built in race-stock type construction which 2Vs aren't). Of course they are expensive but they look like they'll last forever (famous last words).

J

*I've not found that I wished they were longer yet but if you are much heavier than me then I think you should try 174 and 184.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy