Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting round the resort on crutches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wasn't in plaster but I wasn't confident of getting in an out of the shower...hopping over the edge of the shower tray...the risk of slipping scared me too much. Also standing on one leg on the shower trying to wash woils have been too much for me. I got a bath board and used the bath while not weight bearing.

Some people have said to get forearm crutches...I thought that's what you got in the UK now
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

standing on one leg on the shower trying to wash woils

yes, getting at your woils is especially tricky... Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pam w, literally LOL
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have been on a couple of trips when I couldnt ski but still enjoyed the atmosphere, the views and the lunches and apres. If your husband is a relatively patient person and can withstand the thought of a week resting while everyone else is out enjoying themselves then go ahead but as others have said he needs to be confident on crutches on snow and ice and probably needs to limit his expeditions to the nearest decent bar, restaurant and lunch spot and some or the rest of you will need to be willing to return to the appointed spot for lunch most days. Inform your insurer to ensure your husband is protected in the event of any other medical mishap and as others have said NO KNITTING NEEDLE - when I broke my leg the chap who plastered it said the only devices allowed to slip down to be moved around to relieve irritation were £20 notes and they should be left there after use for collection by him on removal of the plaster!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I spend lots of enjoyable times out in the mountains, in ski resorts, not skiing. All very pleasant. But personally I wouldn't enjoy it on crutches. But some people are much better at them than others. One chap who hurt a knee and had to retire from his first ever ski lesson, staying with us, came up the aiguille du Midi and hopped up and down all those steps to the various viewing platforms. But he was an ex Royal Marine with a manual job. It all depends.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Would he like a week learning to sit-ski?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for limbo
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Orange200 wrote:
Would he like a week learning to sit-ski?

.... while injured and already on crutches...hmmmm
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Currently in a below the knee cast for a broken ankle from skiing 2.5 weeks ago. I really don't think I'd be able to get on a plane and sit in a resort for a week watching everyone else skiing etc. Surely it's better to cancel and go again when fit. It's like the itch that I currently have that I can't scratch half way down my leg as I can't use the knitting needle. Absolutely unbearable - I can take the pain but the itching is driving me insane. A bit like what it would be watching everyone else ski while I'm just sat there.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I can take the pain but the itching is driving me insane.

Sad I can just imagine. Sympathies. I'd rather cope with pain than incessant itching.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry to hear what happened. From what I have experienced with crutches, especially not weight bearing I would say just don't go. Flight delays and ice on streets could happen. not sure your insurance will like the idea either
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the replies and advice. We are still debating it.
Insurance company say no problem. Hospital said that they would want to put a split the cast if we go. He has already managed a bath with the aid of a bin bag and a piece of wood across the bath!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@funnyfeet, aka a bath board! Good luck whatever you decide
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy