Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boot Fitting in Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Morzine in three weeks.

I cannot get an appointment with CEM as I am stuck in work. Therefore, I am looking for a recommendation for getting boots fitted in Morzine.

My thinking is that should I have an issue with fitting I can return to shop after a days skiing for modifications if required. Does that make sense?

If any of you SHs with knowledge of Morzine can help that would be great.

Cheers,
Mike.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would recommend Jamie Godbold at All Mountain Rental (Jamie@allmountainrental.com or look up telephone number at www.allmountainrental.com). They have a shop on the border between Morzine and Montriond and a room in the basement of Beanies coffee shop. Both my wife and I have been fitted for boots by him. Expect to take about 1.5hours for a good job.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have used these guys before for hire gear. My only concern is that if the boots need adjusting during the week they are not exactly 'just off the slope'. That said my hire boots on that occasion were quite painful. Our chalet owner took us to the shop so I could not easily swap them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I replaced my 12 year old very comfortable boots in Morzine a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't looking forward to the process and was pleasantly surprised. I went to the main Intersport down by the supermarket and was fitted by Alex who seems to be their main boot fitter. Went back after a day's skiing to have a rubbing point sorted out then had a week of skiing in completely comfortable boots. Was very happy with the service.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are in morzine then i partially agree with all mountain. However go to beanies and ask for Tomas. He really knows his stuff ( even more then jamie, who is the owner of the company!). Make an appointment as he is always busy, but worth waiting for!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies. Someone recommended fbfreeride.com - any knowledge of these guys? Close to slopes and my hotel which is a bonus.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A friend had a boot fitting at that place below Beanies Coffee shop. He has narrow, low volume feet. They sold him some K2 Spyne 130 boots. They obviously like to sell this make as someone else I know was going there, and I bet her that she would come back with K2 boots - she did! I was surprised when he said that they didn't want to heat the liners as 'you only get 4 heat/reheat cycles in their lifetime, and it would be a pity to waste one, seeing as they fit OK now. I looked at the last size and he had been given the 102mm last, which is the widest K2 make. They also do 98mm (which I would guess would probably be the correct ones) and 100mm. So maybe I'm being a bit cynical, but I'm not convinced these really were the best boots for him.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quick update.

Asked around in Morzine and a few people recommended Beanies Coffee Shop. So I headed off down the slope towards the shop. For anyone that is looking for Beanies it is a few doors away from Dixies.

It is a strange place. You cannot see the shop and may think you are in the wrong place. You go into the coffee shop and head to the back towards the toilet to meet a stranger.....

I kid you not. You will find a small boot fitting room/shop near the toilets. I was met by Thomas who at first seemed a little distant (aka not bothered). However, when he realised I was serious and not just perusing the boots we got talking.

He could have flogged me boots straight away but sent me away as I had not long got off the plane and my feet may be swollen. Great I said. We'll grab a beer. At which he suggested I take it easy to avoid drunken foot changes and not feeing the boots.... just one Guinness then.

Two hours later I returned. Thomas seemed to know what he was talking about. Discussed shape, movement, flexibility of foot etc. and may posture/stance which may affect the way my foot moves.

I tried several different boots of different brands as he advised on what he would provide for various abilities and to gauge my comfort and movement. I have quite narrow heels in comparison to width of toes (aka duck feet) and felt my foot rising too far or discomfort on toe end in the forward/skiing position.

After more than an hour we settled on some K2 boots which @noggy, will find amusing Smile but this was the 'best fit' in my humble and subjective opinion. I had 'off the shelf' foot beds cut to shape but was advised he would custom mould if needed during the week and I could return for tweaks and adjustments at anytime.

Anyway. I skied all week with very few issues. One day I was a tad numb across one foot but I did not rush back as I expect the boot to pack out slightly. Compared to previous boot hire the fit was great. I look forward to testing them again in 10 days.

Would I recommend Beanies? Yes. Weird set up but I am happy with the service, fitting and my new boots. They may be green, but the fit was more important than the colour Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And we came to an 'agreement' on the boot price as we had gone above my budget.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy