Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stuck on a back seat plateau - how do I get out?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
philwig wrote:

I ride with one lady who has a lazy hand - her left hand sometimes gets back. She doesn't actually ride in the back seat, so you can definitely get away with it, but it's not good style. Hand placement for snowboarders is actually also pretty important, anyone whose hands are doing naughty things is probably not very efficient.

I will sometimes do weird things with my rear hand when boarding - I just try to pass it off as my Craig Kelly arm. Sadly the reference is becoming lost on anyone of a current generation.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I'm slightly concerned about the idea of learners straight lining anything

That is why as Ratty said you Find a wide, sparsely populated slope
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Find a wide, sparsely populated slope, best if it is an increasingly steep angle....

Epaule du Charvet would be perfect if the OP is going to Val d'Isere
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
red 27 wrote:
Quote:
Find a wide, sparsely populated slope, best if it is an increasingly steep angle....

Epaule du Charvet would be perfect if the OP is going to Val d'Isere

Face.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rossyl wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently in St Anton, I've not been skiing for that long this is my 4th week in about 5 years and I'm finding myself stuck and frustratingly unable to improve.

Do more weeks.

Averaging 1 week a year is not enough.

The brain and muscle memories forget.

You need at least 2 consecutive weeks per year... 1 week to regain lost memory... and 1 week to improve and build on it to the next level...

If you can do a whole season, even better.

Continuous time on snow is the real difference between a bad, average and good skier.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Making a good pole plant can make the world of difference, and can be used to help trigger effective movements as well as stabilising the upper body

Totally agree with this and you see so many not using their poles to any effect these days - got to be the way forward especially on steeper terrain . . .

Also agree with the comment re 'feeling focus' on the balls of your feet . . .had some instruction recently and this gentle reminder proved massively effective for me . . .
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitegold wrote:
You need at least 2 consecutive weeks per year.
No you don't.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
No you don't.

Yes you do
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mr Hog Roast wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
No you don't.

Yes you do
First occasion I skied for more than one week at a time was when I did my Level 2 instructor exams. You don't need to do two weeks at a time each year in order to improve. Generally speaking the more you ski, especially of you get decent instruction of one kind or another, the more improvement you will make. But it's really rather silly to say that you need to ski for two weeks at a time to improve. There are tens of thousands of skiers who prove otherwise.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Get lessons with a professional.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

You don't need to do two weeks at a time each year in order to improve

And the converse is also true. You can do loads of skiing, for consecutive weeks, and scarcely improve at all without focussed lessons and practice. I am living proof.....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, Laughing yep, me too

Every time I go I think "Right, this time I'll get a lesson / work on drills / all of the above" and every time I just end up hooning around no doubt reinforcing my bad habits but having lots of fun Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very much agree with the OP here.

http://www.epicski.com/t/92938/binding-mount-position-is-99-of-ski-performance
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@red 27, run exactly why working on skills at home is beneficial. Once you've lapped the dome or plastic slope a few times just 'hooning around' isn't that much fun, so on with the drills and take new skills to the mountain for even more fun once out there Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy